Infinite Campus understands the role of a SIS and we are committed to creating a rich set of classroom functionality to support teachers.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) June 27, 2011
Infinite Campus, Inc.® of Blaine, Minn., today announces the release of new enhancements for teachers during the ISTE 2011 conference. These new enhancements are included in the core Infinite Campus District Edition E.1126 student information system (SIS) at no additional cost.
“Infinite Campus understands the role of a SIS and we are committed to creating a rich set of classroom functionality to support teachers,” stated Charlie Kratsch, Infinite Campus founder and CEO. “Our customers can expect additional instructional management functionality over the upcoming months as we continue our efforts to Transform K12 Education®.”
Infinite Campus partnered with several early adopter district customers including Geary County Unified School District #475 in Junction City, Kan. Early adopters were asked to take the new enhancements into production and provide feedback.
“We pushed the release to our teacher community to use in February and they were able to use the intuitive functionality immediately,” said Wayne Hess, Geary County Application Developer. “Our teachers are benefiting from the ability to align an assignment to multiple standards, and differentiate instruction by assigning one or many standards to a student group within their roster.”
The new functionality includes Campus Assignments, Campus Daily Planner and expanded standards-based grading support to assist teachers in the classroom. With Campus Assignments, teachers benefit from improved ease of use, the ability to create and score assignments quickly, and save time. The Campus Daily Planner gives teachers a calendar-based view of upcoming activities in the classroom, mouse-over capability to view more information and the ability to make a quick print out for substitute teachers to use.
Highlights of the new enhancements for teachers in E.1126 include:
- Improved ease of use when creating and entering assignments
- Managing assignments scored with multiple alignments to standards, including scoring individual alignments
- Ability to place categories into multiple sections
- Accessibility to assignment management, teacher preferences, grading calculation options and category management from a single screen
- Options for sorting and filtering assignments by date, name, term, standards, tasks, categories and student groups
- Batch assign scoring scales
- Improved assignment copier functionality
- View the calendar-based daily planner by day, week or month
- Hover within the daily planner to quickly view assignments, activities and attendance
- Print options of the daily planner for teachers, substitute teachers and administrators to provide assignment and activity content by date range and section with preferences to include descriptions, objectives, and references
During ISTE stop by and visit with our channel partner, Custom Computer Specialists, at booth #352 to see a demonstration of the new enhancements for teachers. Not attending ISTE? Register for an online demonstration through August 8 at http://www.infinitecampus.com/demo.
Infinite Campus customers are encouraged to visit the Campus Community. Customers can register for Infinite Campus University self-paced and webinar courses, to view a new set of teacher-based videos, and join the conversation in the Instruction Forum.
About Custom Computer Specialists, Inc.
Custom Computer Specialists, a Northeast IT services provider, has been working with school districts for more than 30 years. Custom helps schools integrate technology as they prepare students with 21st century skills for success. Custom offers a wide range of solutions to help schools get maximum value from their IT investments, and supports over 75 districts in New York with Infinite Campus. http://www.customonline.com
About Infinite Campus
For over a decade, Infinite Campus has successfully implemented its solutions for customers of all sizes. As the largest American-owned student information system with a national customer retention rate of 99 percent, Infinite Campus applications manage more than 4.5 million students in 43 states. Infinite Campus customers range from those with fewer than 100 students to more than 600,000 including school districts, regional consortia, state departments of education and the federal government. http://www.infinitecampus.com