Businesses are finding that reaching customers via multiple touchpoints has a profound effect on their marketing efforts, and they are seeking service providers that can deliver their message using multiple channels beyond print.
Weymouth, MA (Vocus) November 9, 2010
InfoTrends has announced the release of a new multi-client study entitled Capturing the Cross-Media Direct Marketing Opportunity. This study examined how marketing executives are using print, online, mobile, and social media in their businesses and identifies the opportunities for technology vendors and service providers throughout the cross-media marketing value chain.
According to InfoTrends’ research, revenues for cross-media direct marketing solutions deliverables are expected to increase from nearly $3.2 billion in 2009 to over $5.2 billion in 2014, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10% over the forecast period.
The marketers surveyed in this study used an average of 2.7 different media types for a typical direct marketing campaign. InfoTrends’ research has also found that the use of multiple media types can improve response rates by as much as 34% in relation to print-only campaigns.
Chris Bondy, Group Director at InfoTrends, commented, “Businesses are finding that reaching customers via multiple touchpoints has a profound effect on their marketing efforts, and they are seeking service providers that can deliver their message using multiple channels beyond print. This capability is quickly becoming an essential factor for success. In implementing this type of offering, service providers should clearly stake out the skills, infrastructure, and processes that they wish to keep in-house, then seek partners to do the rest.”
Capturing the Cross-Media Direct Marketing Opportunity will help vendors, service providers, and marketers determine what they need to bring to the table to best leverage this new media mix. The study enables readers to:
- Assess the state of the cross-media marketing market today and its future direction
- Understand marketing executives’ and agencies’ needs, perceptions, and challenges in implementing cross-media marketing campaigns
- Profile the cross-media marketing value chain required to deploy acquisition and retention programs
- Highlight successful implementations of cross-media marketing strategies and campaigns that effectively address the acquisition, retention, and loyalty of target customers
- Profile key vendor solutions that enable cross-media marketing campaigns
- Estimate the market size for cross-media marketing software solutions
- Summarize key success factors in cross-media marketing and recommend appropriate strategies for technology vendors and service providers moving forward
In conducting this study, InfoTrends deployed Web-based questionnaires to 200 advertising agencies and over 500 marketers. In addition, in-depth interviews were conducted with high-level executives from various agency types, as well as with marketers across several vertical industries.
This study is available for immediate purchase. For more information, contact Keith LaVangie at +1 781 616 2100 ext. 132 or e-mail keith_lavangie(at)infotrends(dot)com
InfoTrends, a Questex company, is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the digital imaging and document solutions industry. We provide research, analysis, forecasts, and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and develop strategies to grow their businesses. Additional information about InfoTrends is available on the Web at http://www.infotrends.com.
Copyright 2010 InfoTrends. All rights reserved. Reproduction or reuse of InfoTrends materials is strictly prohibited without prior written consent. If you are interested in referencing InfoTrends content, please submit your request to allison_jones(at)infotrends(dot)com