Naples, FL (PRWEB) November 3, 2010
INgage Networks, an award-winning provider of enterprise social software, powers the fifth year of the $25 million Knight News Challenge initiative, a global media innovation contest funded and run by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. The 2011 Knight News Challenge recently opened for entries and closes December 1st.
- The Knight News Challenge is the second largest innovation contest in the world – funding ideas that use digital technology to deliver news and information to geographically defined communities, and that will impact the future of news.
- Scores of news organizations, including some of America’s most prestigious, are using tools discovered through the News Challenge. Among last year’s winners was “Tilemapping,” a project field-tested in Haiti to map where aid was needed after the earthquake.
- INgage Networks’ technology provides Knight Foundation with the ability to accept submissions in all formats via the Web – video, audio, and documents – and to quickly review. Also, applicants can choose to make their submissions public or private; public allows peers to provide comments and ratings to help improve their entries. In this way, Knight Foundation is able to process more submissions, and the quality of the entries improves with peer-review.
- With $23 million awarded-to-date, the Knight Foundation has trusted INgage Networks for five years in a row, relying not only on its technology to manage the entire process efficiently, but also its exceptional Customer Experience team.
- For the first time, a grant from Google Inc. to Knight Foundation will be partially used to increase the 2011 prize money by $1 million. The donation is part of a $2 million grant to support Knight Foundations media innovations initiatives.
- Winners will be announced in June 2011 at the Massachusetts Institute for Technology.
About INgage Networks
Established in 1999, INgage Networks provides enterprise social software solutions specifically designed for business and government. The company’s award-winning ELAvate platform enables organizations to connect with customers through social media to drive commerce, build stronger relationships, and improve overall business performance. INgage Networks provides clients with SaaS solutions that include a mobile marketing application, professional services, and advanced analytics to drive actionable results. For more information, visit http://www.ingagenetworks.com.
About the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation advances journalist in the digital age and invests in the vitality of communities where the Knight brothers owned newspapers. Knight Foundation focuses on projects that promote informed and engaged communities and lead to transformational change. For more, visit http://www.knightfoundation.org.