Salt Lake City, UT (Vocus) June 10, 2010
When it comes to hiring general contractors and plumbers, it can be scary. First timers may not know what to ask or who to turn to for proper answers. Inline Plumbing, a Utah-based plumbing company, is pleased to offer their expert advice and pleased in the form of the following helpful tips to assure your next plumbing experience, is a positive one.
- Do not hire a plumber who will not provide an estimate over the phone. It is very common for scammers to want to meet face-to-face as a way to apply sales pressure in person and possibly even charge for the visit.
- Always make sure the plumber you hire is fully licensed. As an insider tip, the title of “Service Tech” generally means “Unlicensed.”
- By settling for a plumber found on the first page of the advertisements, it may not necessarily mean they’re the best. In fact, you’ll probably end up paying more to supplement their advertising expenses.
- Always cross-reference a plumber with their online reviews.
- Always ask for references when you consider hiring for larger projects.
- If they sound like a salesman they probably are. Select a plumber that stands on reputation – not a sales pitch.
- It’s always a bonus to hire a plumber with experience in repair and new construction – they will understand the reasoning for particular plumbing codes and their experience will help you avoid problems in the future.
- Never hire a plumber who is willing to perform a job outside of code. If they are willing to cheat the law, who knows what else they’ll cheat.
- Make sure the plumber coming to your home has a well-stocked truck to avoid unnecessary trips back and forth and a higher bill as a result.
- Always make sure you can trust the individual you are allowing into your home.
- Hiring a plumber from a national chain is not always your best bet – these are companies that are run by white-collar businessmen, not experienced plumbers.
Inline Plumbing knows that finding the right Alpine Utah plumber is essential for taking care of frustrating plumbing problems. Their aim is to be the American Fork Utah plumber you can count on for your problems with piping systems, sinks, tubs, waste disposal systems, kitchen and bathroom fixtures.