It’s an extremely versatile range, even more so now with the new tilt and swivel carry handles.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 31 December 2012
METCASE has launched portable versions of its new UNIMET-PLUS instrument enclosures.
These modern and versatile housings have been designed for desktop and portable electronics equipment.
Typical applications will include portable test and measurement instruments, medical and wellness technology, industrial control, interfaces, peripherals and communications equipment.
The UNIMET-PLUS range of electronics housings is available in six standard sizes with external dimensions from 50 x 230 x 193 mm to 150 x 350 x 263 mm.
The portable models are fitted with a robust tilt and swivel carry handle bar which can be indexed in 30-degree increments.
The handle is used for carrying UNIMET-PLUS on the move and canting it as a desktop enclosure to improve the viewing angle of the displays and controls.
UNIMET-PLUS aluminium cases comprise a base panel assembly with two chassis plates and snap-in guides.
The top cover, front bezels and rear panel are all mounted to the base panel assembly. The bezels are powder painted in window grey, RAL 7040 and the case body is in light grey, RAL 7035.
UNIMET-PLUS metal instrument cases are designed for systems with more than one PCB. Up to four PCBs can be fitted to the internal chassis plates using the four snap-in polyamide guides supplied. Additional guide positions and guides can be specified on demand.
There are no visible fixing screws on the case body; the base and chassis assembly is fitted to the bezels and the top cover is captured by the assembly. The accessory front panels are recessed in the bezels to protect the controls. The fixing screws are hidden under two ABS trims.
The recessed rear panel is designed for mounting power inlets, connectors and on/off switches. Four self-adhesive non-slip feet are also included in the kit. Moulded ABS tilt feet are offered as accessories. Prices start at £56.
METCASE also offers UNIMET-PLUS as customised instrument enclosures with bespoke sizes, CNC punching, milling and drilling, silk-screen printing and much more.
METCASE Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “UNIMET-PLUS is a modern and attractive range of enclosures with concealed fixings and capacity for up to four slide-in PCBs.
“It’s an extremely versatile range – even more so now with the new tilt and swivel carry handles,” he added.
Features of Portable UNIMET-PLUS portable aluminium equipment enclosures:
- Robust and versatile design in six sizes
- Order with or without a tilt/swivel carry handle
- Internal chassis with horizontal guide positions for slide-in PCBs
- Four snap-in polyamide PCB guides included
- Stylish diecast front and rear bezels assembled to the folded aluminium case body
- Removable rear panel, recessed for protection of connectors, switches
- Recessed aluminium front panel (accessory)
- Four non-slip rubber feet included (moulded tilt feet available as an accessory)
- Material – aluminium
- Protection Class – IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colours – front/rear bezel, window grey, RAL 7040; case body, light grey, RAL 7035 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Contents – top cover, base/chassis assembly, front/rear bezel, rear panel, carry handle bar, M3 x 8 mm (x8), M4 x 10 mm (x4) size 1, M4 x 16 mm (x8) size 2 to 6, rubber foot (x4), front panel kit, ABS case feet, 4 PCB guides
- Accessories – front panel kit, additional PCB guides, moulded feet and tilt feet, PCB mounting pillars.
METCASE also manufactures an extensive range of aluminium rack cases in 1U, 2U and 3U sizes
For more information about UNIMET-PLUS instrument enclosures, visit the METCASE website or contact Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes for Editors
METCASE Enclosures UK
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836
METCASE specialises in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminium enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.