CARRYTEC has proven to be a real winner. Demand for the original Size S CARRYTEC enclosures ensured it was only a matter of time before we launched Size M.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 9 January 2013
OKW has added new models and a station to the CARRYTEC range of portable plastic instrument enclosures.
The new larger Size M models offer more internal space for the electronics. The station is specially designed for charging and data transfer.
Typical applications for the CARRYTEC hand held enclosure range include medical and wellness equipment, data recording and monitoring and communications technology.
CARRYTEC enclosures are also ideal for safety systems, measuring and control instruments and agricultural and forest management electronics.
The new size means that the CARRYTEC series is now available as small enclosures with external dimensions of 222 mm x 205 mm x 80 mm (Size S) and as medium-sized cases with dimensions of 270 mm x 247 mm x 91 mm (Size M).
The range is offered in two standard materials: ABS housings (UL 94 HB) in off-white (RAL 9002) for indoor use, and fibreglass reinforced polyamide (PA GV) in lava grey (NCS S 7502-G) for tougher outdoor applications. An IP54-rated sealing kit is also available as an accessory.
CARRYTEC housings have been designed to be robust enough to survive challenging working environments. The carrying handle is integral to the main case body, making it much tougher than cases with retrofit handles.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “CARRYTEC has proven to be a real winner. Demand for the original Size S CARRYTEC enclosures ensured it was only a matter of time before we launched Size M.
He added: “The new data transfer and charging stations will be particular useful for the medical sector where instruments are used around the clock and by more than one person.”
CARRYTEC plastic housings are very easy to assemble. The top, bottom and handle grip mouldings are assembled with five security screws (Torx T10). The handle grip is moulded in soft-touch TPE material for comfortable carrying.
Membrane keypads, displays and touch screens can be fitted to the recessed top section. Connectors and switches can be mounted to inset flat sections on the underside. Screw pillars are provided in the top and bottom for fitting the PCBs. Prices start at £47.
The new charging and data transfer station can be mounted on a wall, machine housing or simply used on a desk.
A snap-lock holds the CARRYTEC PCB housing in the station at a convenient viewing angle of 15 degrees. Data transfer and charging is facilitated by 5-pole contacts fitted to the case and station base parts.
Other accessories for CARRYTEC electronics enclosures include battery compartments for five 1.5V AA cells and a medical holding clamp for round tubes or rails.
OKW can supply CARRYTEC as customised enclosures with additional holes for keypads, connectors, controls and displays. It can also silk-screen print legends and logos and provide EMC shielding on the inside.
Features of CARRYTEC enclosures:
- Unique ergonomic handheld enclosures with integrated handle and soft-touch grip
- Handle located above the centre of gravity for balanced carrying
- Large internal volume without being cumbersome
- Recessed area in the top section for locating keypads and displays
- Three inset areas on the underside for fitting connectors, cable glands and switches
- Internal screw pillars for mounting PCBs
- Moulded in ABS or PA for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional station for desk enclosure use or for mounting to a wall, machine housing or vehicle
- The station can be used for charging and data transfer using the accessory contacts
- Suitable for mounting to suspension arms
- Assembled by anti-tamper Torx T10 screws
- Battery compartment for five 1.5V AA cells can be fitted (machining required)
- Material/colour – ABS (UL 94 HB) off-white, RAL 9002; Reinforced PA lava grey, NCS S 7502-B; Reinforced ABS off-white, RAL 9002 (holding clamp)
- Protection Class – IP54 (with optional sealing kit)
- Accessories – desk/wall station, station base panel, holding clamp, IP54 sealing kit, battery compartment (5 x AA), contacts, PCB screws, T10 screwdriver.
Other ranges of instrument enclosures from OKW include:
- MOTEC and MOTEC PORTABLE – stylish modern range of snap-together enclosures with aluminium front panels, available in S, M and L sizes
- MEDITEC and MEDITEC PORTABLE – with strengthening ribs for robust construction, available in four plan sizes and two standard heights
- EURO CASE and EURO CASE PORTABLE – large range of sizes with four heights and two standard widths. Available with or without ventilation slots.
For more information about CARRYTEC instrument enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES LTD
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836