In response to popular demand, UNIDESK is our latest range to be made available in black as standard.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) July 25, 2012
METCASE has extended its UNIDESK range of aluminum instrument enclosures with three new models in black.
This ergonomic sloping front instrument enclosure range has been designed for desktop and wall mounted electronics systems.
Typical applications for UNIDESK include point-of-sale terminals; medical and wellness equipment; machine or robotic controllers; test and measurement instruments.
UNIDESK desktop enclosures are offered in three standard sizes with external dimensions from 7.87” x 7.87” x 4.01” to 15.74” x 7.87” x 4.01”.
The electronic enclosures consist of two diecast aluminum end panels fitted to the front and rear extrusion profiles. The cases are now available painted in black or light gray.
The base panel is removable and includes mounting points for fitting M3 PCB screw pillars. Four non-slip rubber feet are included. An accessory wall mounting kit is also offered. This allows UNIDESK equipment enclosures to be mounted in three orientations to suit different positions on a wall or machine housing.
Anodized aluminum front panels are offered as accessories. They are suitable for mounting membrane keypads, push-button controls and display modules. The cases are provided with both M3 and Torx T10 stainless steel fixing screws.
UNIDESK metal cases can be sealed to IP54 protection class by using the four L-shaped foam gaskets supplied for the front and base panel apertures.
METCASE can also supply the UNIDESK range as custom electronics enclosures to suit individual requirements. The cases can be manufactured in different widths and painted in other colors. Prices start at $131.
METCASE is the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures, Inc. METCASE Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey said: “In response to popular demand, UNIDESK is our latest range to be made available in black as standard.”
Features of METCASE instrument enclosures include:
- Robust ergonomic aluminum instrument enclosures available in three sizes
- IP54 protection class (VDE tested)
- Pre-assembled aluminum case body
- Flat rear wall for connectors, switches, power inlets and cable glands
- Self-adhesive gaskets for front panel and base
- M3 inserts for fixing base and front panels
- Optional stainless steel M3 Torx T10 fixings and MS M3 Pozidriv fixings included
- Four non-slip feet
- Recessed front panel for a membrane keypad
- Pre-punched PCB fixing points in base
- Order direct or from distributors
- Material – aluminum
- Protection Class – IP54 (PCB fixing holes in base must be covered)
- Standard Colors – Light Gray (RAL 7035), Black (RAL 9005). Powder epoxy polyester paint
- Contents – enclosure, gaskets (IP54), base panel, non-slip foot (x4), M3 x 12 mm Torx T10 (x20), M3 x 12 mm (x20), front panel
- Accessories – front panel kit, wall mounting kit, PCB pillars and screw.
METCASE also manufactures four ranges of high quality rack mount cases:
- VERSAMET – 1U 19” rack mount enclosures featuring comfort handles for easy removal and reinstallation
- UNIMET – stylish 2U and 3U rack cases in two standard depths. Features include comfort handles, rack mounting ears, removable rear panel and recessed front panel for membrane keypads
- METTEC – tough 1U, 2U and 3U aluminum rack cases available in three standard depths. Diecast front bezel features comfort handles and rack mounting ears. Removable front panel
- INSTRUMET – stylish 3U instrument cases with ABS side handles. Portable models feature a bail arm.
For more information about METCASE instrument enclosures and rack cases, please view the website or contact Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes For Editors
METCASE specializes in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminum enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.
METCASE is also the USA representative for the market-leading RETEX range of flat-pack 19” racks, 19” wall cabinets and SERIES 50 extruded aluminum enclosures.
METCASE is a division of the OKW Group.
OKW Enclosures, Inc
3000 Old Pond Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone: 412 220 9244
Fax: 412 220 9247