Global Intelligent Video Surveillance (IVS) & Video Analytics (VA) industry revenues $12.1bn in 2011, $13.5bn in 2012 – to reach $39bn by 2020
Past News ReleasesRSS
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 25, 2013
The "Intelligent Video Surveillance, VCA & Video Analytics: Technologies & Global Market – 2013-2020" report indicates that the global Intelligent Video Surveillance (IVS) & Video Analytics (VA) industry revenues totaled $13.5 billion in 2012, and are estimated to reach $39 billion in 2020.
The rapid market growth is driven by the following dynamics for http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/229820-intelligent-video-surveillance-vca-video-analytics-technologies-global-market-2013-2020.html:
- Increased use of video surveillance.
- Migration from analog to digital cameras and to IP based cameras.
- Technology maturity. Video analytics algorithms, processors, applications and products underwent a decade of technological evolution to intelligent video processing, based on advancements in image processing, enabling automatic detection of signatures detection and identification.
- Cost reduction of video analytic systems.
- Cost-performance of new edge-based video analytics DSP technologies (e.g., Intel, Texas Instruments DSPs).
- Human operators entail high cost & high rate of overlooked events. Real time analysis of video images and recorded footage is a need that can hardly be answered effectively by human operators, and manpower cost. Furthermore, human operators fatigue and boredom cause a high rate of overlooked events.
- It takes IVS, VCA and VA to process trillions of video surveillance-hours generated annually. By 2011 over 165 million video surveillance cameras installed worldwide captured 1.4 trillion video-hours. Growing at a CAGR of 9-11%, captured video surveillance will reach approximately 3.3 Trillion video-hours in 2020. A hypothetical analysis assuming that 20% of the most critical video stream should have been reviewed by human operators, results in a (hypothetical) need to employ (by 2011) a workforce of over 100 million operators (working 8 hours daily, 300 days a year).
In the past year, intelligent video surveillance and video analytics with mature technology have attracted a lot of attention. HSRC estimates that the global market will triple by 2020.
HSRC’s "Intelligent Video Surveillance, VCA & Video Analytics: Technologies & Global Market – 2013-2020" report addresses this multi-billion market.
This landmark report is a resource for busy executives with commercial interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for decision makers to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
The report presents in 474 pages, 115 tables and 158 figures, analysis of 55 current and pipeline technologies and 113 leading vendors. The report is granulated into 33 vertical and horizontal submarkets, and presents for each submarket 2011-2012 data, analyses and projects the 2013-2020 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- 2011-2020 market by vertical submarket:
Defense Sector, Critical Infrastructure Security, Transportation & Logistics, Aviation & Maritime Security, Safe Cities & Smart Cities, Border Security, Commercial & Public Buildings, Entertainment & Casinos Security, Retail – Analytics, Residential Security and other submarkets
- 2011-2020 market by geographical region
- Current and pipeline technologies:
License Plate Recognition (LPR), Cloud Video Analytics, Kalman Filters Application to Track Moving Items, Real Time Automatic Alerts Algorithms Online Video Analytics, Object Sorting and ID, Behavioral Analysis, Video Analytic Applications, Video Analytics Architecture Image Segmentation Algorithms Item Tracking, Intelligent CCTV Surveillance Algorithms, Item Identification and Recognition, IVS Based Face Recognition, Sorting Actions and Behaviors, Crowd Surveillance, Multi-Camera Intelligent CCTV Surveillance Systems, Remote Threat Identification, Intelligent Video Surveillance System Performance, Distributed Sensors Remote Systems, Remote Biometric Identification, Watch Lists fused IVS, Fused VA and Biometrics , Fused Multi-modal IVS Biometric Remote People Screening, Intelligent Video Surveillance–Tracking, IVS & VA based Behavioral Profiling, Tag and Track, Wireless Video Analytics, Video Content Analysis Algorithms, Automated Analysis of Video Surveillance Data, Item Detection, Gaussian Mixture Based Background Subtraction Algorithms, Background Subtraction, Item Detection Based on a Single-Image Algorithms, Item Tracking Algorithms, Kalman Filtering Techniques, Region Segmentation and more.
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=229820.
- Companies operating in the market (profiles, products and contact info):
3i-MIND, 3VR, 3xLOGIC, AAI Corporation, AAM Systems, ACTi Corporation, ADT Security Services, Adaptive Imaging Technologies, Agent Video Intelligence, AGT International, Aimetis, ALPHAOPEN, American Dynamics, Ampex Data Systems Corporation, Aralia System, AVCON Information Technology Co. Ltd., Avigilon Corporation, Axis, Axxon, BAE Systems Plc, Basler, BiKal, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, Bosch Security Systems, Briefcam, Camero, Cernium, Churchill Navigation, CIEFFE, Cisco, Citilog, ClickIt, Cognimatics, Digital Results Group, Emza Visual Sense and more.
Explore more reports on Semiconductor and Electronics Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/semiconductor-and-electronics/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 175,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.