Reston, VA (PRWEB) June 4, 2008
Intercede Group plc (London Stock Exchange AIM: IGP), a leading developer and supplier of IDentity and Credential Management software, today announced the launch of MyID 8 at a major event in Reston, Virginia. A large audience of Intercede customers and partners experienced first hand why MyID has been chosen by the US Federal Government to deploy over one million MyID licenses.
"The world of identity and credential management has today become a safer, simpler place with the launch of the first commercial off-the-shelf, fully integrated IDCMS platform. MyID 8 changes the paradigm for how governments and commercial organizations deliver secure identities and associated credentials to citizens and employees," said Richard Parris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Intercede. "Using MyID 8, customers can deploy small, large and very large scale identity projects quicker, with less risk and at significantly lower cost than has previously been possible. No longer will projects be subject to compromise, delay or failure due to the difficulties of integrating products from multiple suppliers.
Additionally, with only one system to manage, the operational return on investment (ROI) is enhanced for end customers. Systems Integrators can add value to customers faster by using MyID 8's workbench of integration tools to quickly build a sustainable and repeatable knowledge base that can be leveraged across many projects".
Intercede's MyID takes ID card management to a new level by integrating Secure Workflows, Technology Orchestration, an Integrator's Workbench and Scaleability (WOWS) into a single system. MyID 8 is highly flexible: far more than a basic Identity or Card Management System. It is a customizable, functionally-rich comprehensive environment for managing people, enforcing policies and enabling processes. Through every stage of the identity lifecycle - registration, identity verification, device and credential issuance and post-issuance management - MyID delivers complete control and meets the demands of today's security conscious organizations.
What's new in MyID 8?
- Enhanced registration: including support for capturing facial biometrics, fingerprints, and document scanning.
- Built-in identity verification: integrated with identity background checking and biometric verification services.
- Simplified physical and logical access convergence: made easy through standard physical access system connectors and centralized ID access rights control.
- Plus… an enhanced user interface and additional supported devices, printers and systems.
MyID 8 - The WOW factors!
- Workflow - Flexible identity policy configuration with secure workflows that walk you step-by-step through all enrolment, issuance and management activities.
- Orchestration - MyID integrates multiple security technologies and systems, and efficiently manages information flows between them.
- Workbench - The MyID toolkit provides all the API's, documentation, sample code and training necessary to quickly integrate MyID into existing environments.
- Scaleability - MyID is used around the world in ID deployments ranging from hundreds to millions of users.
What can MyID do for you?
For Corporate Enterprise
Intercede's MyID manages the devices and credentials used for photo ID badges, physical access to buildings and logical access to PC's, easily, simply and centrally. Highly adaptable, it can be configured to meet the specific requirements of different industries including banking, telecom and healthcare. Intercede's MyID 'plugs in' quickly and easily to existing directories, HR, provisioning and physical access systems; making it simple to realize further ROI from current technology and security investments.
For Government and Public Sector
Intercede's MyID facilitates efficient management of identities and credentials within high security environments, as well as specialist areas such as national ID, transportation, driving license management, airports and emergency services. Intercede's MyID is the only solution of its kind to deliver registration, ID verification and issuance within a single product, thus reducing cost, risk and time to deployment. MyID PIV is pre-configured to manage the end-to-end FIPS-201 process as required to produce HSPD-12 compliant PIV cards. Intercede's MyID is listed on the US General Services Administration (GSA) Approved Product List (APL) for FIPS 201 certified products.
MyID 8 is available now.