These innovations expand the control and organization that eSolve brings to crime investigation
Stony Plain, AB (PRWEB) July 22, 2009
More than a dozen added user benefits highlight eSolve® 2.2, a new release of the web-based tool that provides total investigation management for senior officers, corporate security managers, and protection professionals on major cases and other security threats. The updates build on eSolve's ease of use, allowing investigation managers to spend less time entering data and more time working in the trenches, said Bradley Siddell, eSolve Project Manager at Trinus Technologies, Inc.
"These innovations expand the control and organization that eSolve brings to crime investigation," Siddell said. "It's simple to install and simple to use. eSolve turns previously unconnected data into actionable intelligence to mitigate risks and put criminals behind bars."
eSolve is the product of years of experience using technology to investigate high-profile major cases. It duplicates the concepts enforced during high profile investigations, such as the war crimes in Kosovo, security threats at the G8 Summit, and serial killers in inter-connected jurisdictions.
Additions in eSolve 2.2 include:
- Rapid and accurate data entry using Quickforms and QuickText
- Enhanced data search provides more details and sorting capability
- Automated document management features that automatically create records which can be linked to others in the database
- Mass document automation that uses a pre-configured file folder structure with searchable text extraction, allowing eSolve to pull the files which can be linked to other records
- Email integration that simplifies incoming and outgoing communications
- Email auto-notification to alert users about new evidence or status reports
- Full record audit logging that provides the highest level of judicial accountability
- Streamlined incident management using a single click to transform any record into a separate investigation project and build the case as new evidence emerges
- Template capabilities that can be pre-populated with customized assignments and tasks, enabling users to initiate an investigation within seconds
- Emergency preparedness capacity to record an immediate critical incident and dispatch personnel as the event unfolds
- Expanded platform support, including MS SQL Server, MY SQL and Linux
- More installation options for stand-alone, network or remotely hosted configurations
A companion upgrade utility, eSolve 2.1.1 to 2.2.0 Updater, helps users simplify the transition to the new version. The utility is free to all users who have an eSolve support contract.
Another new option, eSolve Hosted Solution, allows users to have their eSolve system hosted on a secure server. Especially useful for organizations that don't want to install a dedicated server for their eSolve data, the hosted package enables users to have backups and related support services managed for them.
A major improvement in password rule enforcement is included in a free eSolve 2.2.1 Enhancement Patch, which also upgrades the core software engine to speed loading of all forms. The enhancement runs as a simple update to any eSolve 2.2.0 installation.
The software releases are supplemented by the new eSolve training DVD. With several hours of comprehensive instruction in both basic and advanced eSolve topics, it provides a low-cost training alternative for organizations and large international deployments of the software.
For more information, visit http://www.esolve.ca