The world's leader in video surveillance information has released the world's only free surveillance book.
Honolulu HI (PRWEB) February 21, 2012
IPVM, the world's leading provider of video surveillance information has released a new 2012 Video Surveillance Book and is giving it away for free online.
Based on thousands of hours of original research and testing, the book educates professionals on how to select and use video surveillance. Starting with coverage on cameras, VMS systems and video analytics, the book explains how to select the core technologies in surveillance. Plus, it exposes the Top 10 myths in the video surveillance industry that can cause you to make the wrong decision. Finally, the book provides guidances on the right way to design and use surveillance in real world deployments.
The book is available for immediate download from the IPVM website. It contains the following 12 chapters:
1. Designing a Video Surveillance Solution
2. Selecting Surveillance Cameras
3. Selecting Video Management Systems
4. Challenges with Video Analytics
5. Selecting Video Analytics
6. Bandwidth Basics for Video Surveillance
7. Integrating 3rd Party Systems / APIs
8. Surveillance's Shift to IP
9. Statistics: What is Actually Being Used
10. Top 10 Surveillance Myths Exposed
11. Surveillance Video in Action
12. Improving Real World Surveillance Video
This book replaces IPVM's original book released in 2008. That version has been downloaded over 30,000 times. This new version is far better, reflecting technology advances and new research and testing performed by IPVM in the intervening years.
IPVM is the world's leading source on video surveillance. Our testing and analysis provides unique insights and recommendations. Unlike any other source, we accept no ads, no sponsorships nor consulting from any manufacturer. We are supported by small subscription payments from thousands of members around the world who want objective information that can save them money and help them make better decisions. Learn more about the benefits of being a Pro Member.