It takes about thirty minutes to view the entire webinar, but our format also allows you to pause, rewind and jump ahead as you need to. We think that's a benefit to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
Hamilton, NJ (Vocus) May 10, 2010
Pivot Point Security announces a new, free, on-demand webinar on ISO 27001. John Verry, Principal Consultant, developed this tool to help companies determine if ISO 27001 is the right path for them.
Verry walks the viewer through the basics: What is ISO 27001? How will it benefit our company? How do we get started? In a nutshell, Verry explains that ISO 27001 makes sense if:
- You process others’ data,
- Others process your data,
- You’re besieged by regulatory requirements
- You need to do a better job of managing infosec risk
- Demonstrating thought leadership would benefit your company
The presentation covers the benefits of ISO 27001; “By applying a structured risk management approach you can trim costs and increase efficiency. You also reduce the complexities of dealing with dozens of compliance standards. Further, you ease the burden of attestation (27001 replaces SAS-70 at notably lower cost). Finally, 27001 simplifies vendor management, by simplifying contracts and governance.”
John Verry, himself an ISO 27001 Certified Lead Auditor, invites anyone who is feeling the “pain” of information security compliance to view this on-demand webinar. “It takes about thirty minutes to view the entire webinar, but our format also allows you to pause, rewind and jump ahead as you need to. We think that’s a benefit to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.”
“There are very few companies who wouldn’t benefit from applying the ISO 27001 principles to their organizations. The business impact we see is amazing,” says Verry. “People are predisposed to thinking that ISO 27001 is way out of reach for all but the very large corporations. That’s a real shame – because ISO 27001 isn’t “rocket science”; in fact, it’s Risk Management 101!”
Continually evolving technology, business requirements, regulations, and threats make “being secure” and “proving you’re compliant” increasingly complex. The only logical response: Simplify. Pivot Point Security makes it easier to prove that you are secure and compliant by:
- Focusing on the core group of security assessment services you need to do so;
- Taking the time to understand your business and then optimizing our approach for your unique situation;
- Delivering reports and guidance that are easily understood and acted on by both management and technical personnel; and,
- Basing your assessment and recommendations on trusted, “open” (non-proprietary, non-vendor specific) guidance to simplify the process of operating and maintaining your Information Security Management System after we leave.