San Francisco, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) May 02, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area IT consultants People 1st says Twitter is not just for people telling their friends what they had for lunch or gossiping about Charlie Sheen; it can also be a useful business tool. They give 6 ways Twitter can help a company connect with clients and help increase their business.
1) Twitter can give exposure to a website or blog. Links between a company’s Twitter account and their website, blog, and Facebook page increase the company’s visibility by increasing standing with search engines. The more trustworthy links a website has, the more Google or Bing will view it favorably, and it will come up higher in search results.
2) Twitter can help market work, products and services. It is a quick and easy way to communicate with customers about any company news. Customers may not visit the website regularly, but if they follow a business on Twitter, they will know right away when any updates are posted.
3) It can answer questions about a business. Twitter is a great platform for Q&A with customers. The informal nature of the platform makes it easy to start a back-and-forth, and the 140 character limit makes it quick.
4) Twitter can be used to share tips and resources. It can be a teaching tool for followers who want to learn more about a company’s field. People 1st Principal Matt Fabela says, "one of the main reasons we use Twitter is to share tech tips and resources with our clients.”
5) Exposure to new people or potential business clients is another benefit of using Twitter. It can be very useful for networking, without all the costs associated with older methods like attending conferences.
6) It integrates seamlessly with Facebook. If a company already has a Facebook page, there is no reason not to use Twitter as well. “What's great about Twitter is you can link your business Facebook account so that when you tweet, it also adds it to your Facebook page. That saves time since you don't have to update both pages,” explains Fabela.
For more reasons to use Twitter for business, People 1st recommends this article on TechRepublic. To see a good example of how to use Twitter for business, visit People 1st on Twitter @People1st_Tech.
For more information about using Twitter for business or any services from People 1st, call them at (877) 248-0268 or visit them on the web at http://www.people1st-bayarea.com. Their office is located at 580 California Street on the 12th floor in San Francisco.
About People 1st
People 1st is a group of San Francisco Bay Area IT consultants that specializes in providing IT services and solutions to local small businesses. Known as one of the most reliable Bay Area computer companies, People 1st provides managed IT support, such as remote systems monitoring, network installation and management services, and disaster recovery, IT security, and IT consultation services in the Bay Area.
# # #