This is the first enterprise application in the industry that allows customers to migrate from a help desk or support system into a complete ITIL service management system by simply replacing the license key, noted LiveTime CTO, Dr. George Vossos.
Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) September 6, 2006
LiveTime Software, a leading provider of J2EE based Service Management software today announced immediate availability of LiveTime Help Desk 4.0 and LiveTime Support Desk 4.0. Both products now incorporate the same core technology platform that powers LiveTime’s flagship ITIL product, LiveTime Service Manager.
Both products now provide transparent migration to the company’s full ITIL compliant Service Management offering, LiveTime Service Manager. “This is the first enterprise application in the industry that allows customers to migrate from a help desk or support system into a complete ITIL service management system by simply replacing the license key, noted LiveTime CTO, Dr. George Vossos. “No database changes are required, which allows organizations to seamlessly migrate to full ITIL functionality as needs dictate or budgets allow.”
Major enhancements include:
- Customizable Incident Management workflows
- Single Sign On (SSO) allows immediate access without repeated logins
- Performance increase of over 50% across all platforms increasing the number of concurrent users per machine by a factor of 2.
- Incident Analysis enables users to select from a list of proposed solutions for an incident.
- Projects enable incident templates to be grouped together with Quick Calls to speed profiling of common tasks
- SLA contracts can now apply to Incidents, Clients or Organizational Units, so a single agreement can cover all items owned by either a user, a department, or a company, as necessary
- SLA Breach codes are now incorporated so that technicians can justify and explain breaches when certain milestones are reached
- Enhanced Knowledge Base enables articles to be grouped so that all related articles are available when browsing solutions.
LiveTime Help Desk and Support 4.0 adhere to ITIL best practices and support the 3 core processes of Incident, Configuration and Service Level Management. This provides a unique approach for companies wishing to adopt best practices but are not yet ready for full service management including Problem, Change and Release Management.
LiveTime continues to embrace open standards with this release and supports all major browsers available such as FireFox, Opera, Netscape, Safari, Konqueror, Internet Explorer and others. The release also includes support for MySQL 5.0, 5.1, Postgres 8.1 and Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005 in addition to the current legacy support for these and other major databases.
About LiveTime Software
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, LiveTime Software, Inc. is a vendor of ITIL compliant, web-based service management, help desk and support automation software for medium to large enterprises. Many global 2000 organizations and educational institutions use LiveTime's vendor-neutral solutions to lower their costs and improve customer satisfaction. Founded in 1999, LiveTime Software is a privately held firm with offices in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information visit http://www.livetime.com.