Bloomington, Ind. (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
iUniverse, the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self publishing company, has announced the most recent titles recognized with the prestigious Rising Star designation. The selected titles will be featured each month on the Rising Star special collection at http://www.bn.com/risingstar . The latest titles include:
- The Account, by Alex Mueck; (Fiction): Enticed by money, Steven Renner joins the newly formed Shank, Ernie & Busher stock brokerage firm in New York.
- The Caregiver's Choice, by Elaine Long; (Self-Help): Solid, uplifting advice that presents the simple truths caregivers need to focus on in order to maintain a peaceful life despite the burden of caring for a loved one who cannot care for themselves.
- Tsumommy!, by Brenda Barzenick; (Humor): A compilation of stay-at-home mom Barzenick's articles from her monthly newspaper column "Tales from the Crib."
- Lessons from the Source, by Jack Armstrong; (Inspirational): This spiritual guidebook contains writings, compiled by the author for more than 30 years, that reflect a source of wisdom that explains the deeper truths of our lives.
- Strategic Market Research, by Dr. Anne E. Beall; (Business): The author shares her unique approach for conducting market research, culled from more than 15 years of industry experience, and details a set of strategic research principles she has developed.
- Women & Mutual Funds, by Donald S. Gudhus, MBA; (Business): Gudhus utilizes his years of experience as an investment advisor to simplify a complex subject.
- Money Games, by Randy Petrick; (Personal Finance): A fun and clever approach to financial planning, filled with delightful and inventive ideas to escape debt and despair.
- The Complete Guide to Log Homes, by Clyde H. Cremer; (House & Home): Let seasoned professionals Clyde and Jeffrey Cremer help you navigate the often puzzling maze of buying and building a log home.
- My Word Is My Bond, by Paul Weinberg; (Autobiography): Two families from the town of Kalush, Ukraine, are united when a young man moves to New York and brings his first cousin to the new country to be his wife.
- Witchcanery, by Sandra Bell Kirchman; (Fiction): At 312 years old, Shelley Kesinkowsky isn't your ordinary, everyday witch; she prides herself on being a modern, computerized witch who has Internet access.
To be eligible for the Rising Star designation, authors must publish a book using the Premier Pro publishing package, receive the prestigious Editor's Choice designation, and complete a Marketing Readiness Survey (MRS). Based on answers to the MRS, the iUniverse Editorial Review Board will select certain titles for Rising Star recognition. In addition to inclusion on the Rising Stars special collections page, Rising Star books will receive a number of other benefits, including:
- Industry standard discounts
- Custom Cover Design
- Supplied media kit, which includes author bio, book description, and press release
- Featured in Rising Star catalog and on the iUniverse Web site
- Returnability status for book retailers
To purchase any of these iUniverse Rising Star titles, log on to bn.com/risingstar. For more information on iUniverse's Rising Star program, or to begin publishing your book today, call 1-800-AUTHORS or visit iUniverse.com.
iUniverse, an Author Services brand of Author Solutions, is the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self-publishing company. The iUniverse management team has extensive editorial and managerial experience with traditional publishers such as HarperCollins, Putnam, Random House, and Addison-Wesley. iUniverse has a strategic alliance with Chapters Indigo in Canada. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, iUniverse also operates offices in London, New York City, and Indianapolis. For more information, please visit iuniverse.com, or call 1-800-AUTHORS.