Will a Diploma Guarantee a Better Living? New Book to Be Released Reveals the 10 Important Lessons Which Schools Don't Teach

Share Article

A recent report indicates that 70% of Americans are dissatisfied with their jobs. Management guru and bestselling author Hellen Chen reveals vital lessons to learn for working professionals in her upcoming new book. http://HellenChen.com

Helen Chen - bestselling author, management and life success consultant.

Helen Chen - bestselling author, management and life success consultant.

You can have your dream job. But you must have the skill of how to make your job last too!

In the most recent State of the American Workplace Report by Gallup, just 30% of employees are engaged and inspired at work. The other 70% are either not engaged or “actively disengaged” – meaning they are unhappy about work conditions and will even influence their co-workers negatively, drive away customers or express their displeasure openly.

There are companies who have gotten onto the trend of increasing office perks with improved staff amenities.

However, experts have observed that in the long term, even with increased pay, workers are not necessarily kept happy if there are underlying problems such as communication issues between management and the workforce.

Bestselling author and management consultant and trainer Hellen Chen shares her views, “I see all the discussions pointing towards what company leaders can do to increase the job satisfaction level of their employees. But that still does not help an individual.”

Having trained and worked with CEOs, managers and individuals in 3 continents, Chen found that the lack of non-job related skills is often the cause of conflicts and unhappiness in one’s career.

“For example, you can be a doctor who has the license to practice medicine. But as you start working with patients, you find out your diploma has not equipped you with communication skills which helps you get the best out of your career.” said Chen.

Chen points out how our young generation has been educated to think a diploma can pave the way to success and yet they have a rude awakening when they step into the workforce.

“Communication skills, interaction skills and even having the discipline to take and finish unpleasant tasks are all ‘skills’ to be learned.” Chen added, “You can have your dream job. But you must have the skill of how to make your job last too!”

Chen also gave the analogy of marriage relations where she had been most known as an expert in.
“Most happily married couples know there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ partner but one must constant work together to make the love deep and satisfying for both sides. The day which one gives up on the relationship is the day where divorce is inevitable.” said Chen.

Chen has written 22 books on the subject of career success, personal success, plus marriage and family success. As a consultant, she has been on over 200 media interviews in 20 countries interviewed on life issues.

Chen’s new book titled “What Schools Don’t Teach You: 10 Most Important Lessons For Life” will be released in May on Barnes and Noble.

This book is an in-depth guide to the skills one needs to have in order to succeed and be happy. Chen provides the formula to life’s success.

As a speaker, Chen has been invited in Asia and in America to conduct seminars about productivity, life success and relationship success.

More information about Hellen Chen can be found on http://www.HellenChen.com.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Community Affairs Director
Media Relations
+1 (818) 366-3710
Email >
Visit website