This highly practical text addresses issues pharmacy professionals will face in their day-to-day work whether they hold formal or informal leadership roles – making this book an essential, attainable resource for all pharmacy students and practitioners.
Sudbury, MA (Vocus) March 18, 2010
Jones and Bartlett Publishers, LLC today announced the release of a new book: Pharmacy Management, Leadership, Marketing and Finance, by Marie A. Chisholm-Burns, PharmD, MPH, FCCP, FASHP, Allison M. Vaillancourt, PhD, SPHR, and Marv Shepherd, PhD, MS, RPh.
Pharmacy Management, Leadership, Marketing & Finance provides pharmacy students and practicing pharmacists with valuable information on topics such as operations management, economic analysis, reimbursement and marketing. This book also features sections on communication, conflict management, professionalism, and human resource strategies – vital competencies for pharmacy leaders and managers.
Written in a reader-friendly style, this text effectively facilitates an in-depth understanding of essential leadership and management concepts for application in practice. Covering vital competencies for all pharmacists and incorporating both theory and real-world experiences, chapters have been written and reviewed by over 120 academic pharmacy faculty, practicing pharmacist managers and leaders, human resources professionals, and attorneys. The authors and reviewers represent more than 70 colleges/schools of pharmacy and national/international institutions.
This highly practical text addresses issues pharmacy professionals will face in their day-to-day work whether they hold formal or informal leadership roles – thus making this book an essential, attainable resource for all pharmacy students and practitioners.
- Learning objectives and key concepts are highlighted at the beginning of each chapter to help focus learning.
- Areas of the text that succinctly address key concepts are easily identified by icons throughout the chapter.
- Key terms are bolded, defined, and included in a Glossary.
- Examples of practical applications are provided.
- Over 150 tables, figures, and illustrations are included to enhance student understanding.
- Each chapter concludes with a summary, references, definitions of common abbreviations, and case scenarios.
- Case scenarios facilitate critical thinking skills and lend relevance to the principles provided.
- Self-assessment questions and answers and additional study tools are available on the Student Companion Website to evaluate student learning.
- Instructor Resources include PowerPoint Slides, Answers to Case Scenario Questions, A Sample Syllabus Template, Lesson Plan Templates for Each Chapter, and Additional Downloadable Case Scenarios.
View a complete table of contents at:
About the Authors
Marie A. Chisholm-Burns, PharmD, MPH, FCCP, FASHP
Professor and Head of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, Arizona, Professor, Department of Surgery, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona
Allison M. Vaillancourt, PhD, SPHR
Vice President for Human Resources, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, Faculty, The University of Arizona School of Government and Public Policy, Tucson, Arizona
Marv Shepherd, PhD, MS, RPh
Director of the Center for Pharmacoeconomic Studies and Chairman of the Pharmacy Administration Division, University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, Texas
Pharmacy Management, Leadership, Marketing & Finance is available for $52.95 through the J&B website at http://www.jbpub.com or by calling 800-832-0034. ISBN-13: 9780763763268. Those who wish to consider the text for course adoption are invited to request a complimentary review copy. Bulk discounts are available. http://www.jbpub.com/Catalog/9780763763268/Overview/
About Jones and Bartlett Publishers (http://www.jbpub.com)
Jones and Bartlett Publishers (J&B) is a global leader in educational publishing, providing unique textbooks, reference products, testing and assessment services, and training materials in both print and digital formats. Working with distinguished authors and international organizations, J&B offers authoritative products for students and professionals in schools, corporations, hospitals, government organizations, and the military. Founded in 1983, J&B is the largest independent publisher focusing on the critical fields of Electrical, Public Safety, Medicine, Nursing, Allied Health, Health Administration, and Public Health.