(Vocus) April 17, 2009
Europe's leading comfort shoe brand, Josef Seibel, has announced the spring launch of its Spirit of Nature range of eco-friendly footwear.
For spring/summer 2009, the collection will include 19 women's styles and 9 men's styles. RRP £55.00- £65.00.
The Spirit of Nature range retains all of the 'style with comfort' synonymous with the Josef Seibel brand, but in addition offers:
- Recycled active carbon footbeds which are breathable and anti bacterial
- Ergonomically designed comfort footbed with an integrated flex rolling system
- An outsole made of either:
- A rubber and natural cork mix incorporating renewable materials
- CFC and lead free polyurethane
- All products are developed in Germany and produced in Europe, lowering their carbon footprint
Martin Ingram, managing director of Josef Seibel in the UK and Ireland, says, "We are really proud to introduce the Spirit of Nature range, which enables our customers to continue to make their purchasing decisions based on style and comfort, but also addresses their growing concern for the environmental implications and moral credibility of clothing and footwear brands.
"Josef Seibel has long taken its social and environmental responsibilities seriously throughout the design and production of its footwear and the Spirit of Nature range is an evolution of this. The vast majority of our manufacturing takes place in Europe and all of our shoe boxes are produced using recycled cardboard. The use of hand stitching that is prominent in our ranges also lessens the reliance on adhesive based constructions."
For more information please contact Josef Seibel's UK office on 01603 307860, email enquiries(at)josefseibel.co.uk or visit http://www.josefseibel.co.uk.
Anna Mills/Harriet Thorpe
anna(at)pinstripepr.co.uk / harriet(at)pinstripepr.co.uk
Notes to editors:
- Josef Seibel is one of Europe's longest established shoe manufacturers. The company entered the UK market in 1996 and has gone from strength to strength. Josef Seibel, UK and Ireland, now has annual retail sales of more than 15 million and has experienced a 30% increase in growth in the last three years alone.
- Josef Seibel shoes, boots and clogs for men and women are available in over 500 quality multiples, department stores and independent footwear retailers throughout the UK and Ireland including John Lewis, Jane Shilton Concessions, Shuropody, Shoon, Clinkards and the Natural Shoe Stores. To search stockists by postcode, please visit http://www.josefseibel.co.uk.
# # #