Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) July 22, 2008
With a second successful year coming to a close, the leading student competition for cosmetology students Junior Style Stars has found its end in Arizona.
Crystal Olson, of the Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy, in Scottsdale, Arizona has claimed this year's title of "hair idol".
With over 200 students from around the country competing in this year's competition, only 11 finalists were chosen. This year's bridal theme was one very important to an aspiring stylist's arsenal. Competitors were each supplied with a mannequin head and advised to color, style, and apply makeup and other accessories to complete the full bridal look.
Rusk was Platinum Sponsor for Junior Style Stars and gave every entrant a $130.00 Rusk flat iron. Other Platinum Sponsors were: CLIC , J.C. Penney, AACS, Great Clips, Milady and First Chair.
Crystal not only received the prestigious title of Junior Style Star, she also received a generous showering of prizes with a value over $64,000.00, which include:
- $5,000 in cash from Junior Style Stars
- 5 days with Legendary Hair Icon, Jesse Briggs
- Publication and various prizes from HAIR'S HOW! Magazine
- A 2 day management conference: AACS Spring Management Conference
- All expense paid trip to the Cosmetology Educators of America convention
- A trip to Hawaii to spend time with internationally recognized hair stylist, Paul Brown
- 2 days and 2 nights at a Thermafuse Council Meeting
- A full feature story in Salon City and Beauty Maker Magazine
- All expense paid trip and membership to the YBN Annual Business Retreat
- Airfare, accommodations and entry to the Premiere Orlando Beauty Show
Prize Sponsors Were: Yellow Strawberry Salon, Hairs How Magazine, Paul Brown Hawaii, Thermafuse, Salon City Magazine, YBN, 44/20 shears and The Premiere Orlando Beauty Show.
Total prize package can be found here: Junior Style Stars Prizes
About Junior Style Stars Hair Competition
Junior Style Stars hair competition is for the enhancement of careers in the cosmetology field through providing the platform for the future hairstylist to develop their artistic skills. Unlike other competitions, Junior Style Stars allows all students, regardless of location, to compete on a completely level playing field, void of all the usual politics. Each competitor competes on the identical mannequin and receives the same photography. All work must be done at the competitor's beauty school under strict instructor supervision. Judging is done via the Internet. There are safeguards in place to insure total honesty.
Junior Style Stars' producers include renowned hair industry veterans Paul Barry, Jesse Briggs, and Mez Varol.
For more information:
2550 S. Ridgewood Ave.
Florida , 32119
# # #