We were honored to have two of the most well-respected New Yorkers involved in shooting our viral video.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 09, 2011
The Zagat Smartbox “Table For Two” gift experience received a stamp of approval from New York City icons Ken Dashow and Chef David Burke at an exclusive taping for a viral video release. The shoot took place at David Burke’s Fishtail restaurant on the Upper East Side of New York City.
Ken Dashow, thirty-year veteran of New York radio, along with his wife, Jane, were treated to the entire Smartbox experience, starting from picking the restaurant (from a choice of 47 restaurants) to the last bite of dessert. Chef David Burke greeted both Ken and Jane in the middle of their dining experience and traded mutual admiration for the other’s respective careers.
“We were honored to have two of the most well-respected New Yorkers involved in shooting our viral video,” said Smartbox CEO of North America David Meyers. “We plan to use the video as a vehicle to enlighten consumers of the growing trend of experiential gifting as well as educating those about the simplicity and satisfaction of using the Smartbox gift.”
"My wife and I have found THE gift to send all our friends: Zagat Smartbox “Table For Two”, said Dashow. “More than a giftcard, you're giving someone an experience they won't soon forget - AND at their convenience!"
Celebrated Chef David Burke unveils Fishtail by David Burke, a new innovative seafood concept on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Located in a historic townhouse, the bi-level eatery combines casual late-night dining in the ground floor oyster bar with traditional sit-down service in the main second floor dining.
Smartbox will release the video via its website and social media platforms including facebook, twitter and youtube.
Already an international gift box leader, Smartbox is available in 20 countries across the world. The key to success has been in the simplicity of the process. Begin by choosing a budget ranging from $49 to $369 and then choose one of the 7 available categories.
The available gift experiences are:
- Zagat Smartbox Table for Two – dinner for the recipient and a guest at their choice of any participating Zagat-Rated restaurant in one of the following cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco or Washington D.C. ($99)
- Gourmet Retreats – a one night stay in lavish accommodations throughout the U.S., sumptuous five-course dinners, in-room massages, and plush king size suites. ($369)
- Adrenaline – hundreds of exhilarating activities to choose from, including: climbing a slippery frozen waterfall, racing around a track on a motorcycle and more. ($299)
- Charming Getaways – one-night stays in historic homes, rustic ranches or quaint Victorian Inns. ($129)
- Serenity – health and wellness treatments from Vichy showers and ice cream pedicures to champagne manicures and lemongrass body scrubs. ($119)
- Adventure – an opportunity to rush down an ice tunnel in a bobsled or cruise the sky in an ultralight. ($69)
- Fun for All – an activity for two, whether it is an elegant fencing lesson, wine tasting, or a spooky ghost tour. ($49)
For more information on the full Smartbox collection of experience gifts, please visit our website at http://www.smartbox.com/us.
Smartbox is the next generation of gift cards allowing one to choose from a selection of activities and destinations within a given theme. Smartbox is presented in a gift box featuring a color guidebook with full details of each activity or escape. The recipient selects an experience, makes the reservation directly with the establishment (contact details are provided in the guidebook) and redeems the gift card upon arrival. Currently, Smartbox is available in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Great Lakes, Texas & California regions of the U.S.
Since its creation, Smart&Co. has grown at an exceptional rate. Having branches in Europe, the U.S., and Canada with its head office near Paris, today it employs more than 1,000 employees. Smart&Co. and its Smartbox gift experiences are specialists in creating interesting trips and leisure activities. Since the founding of the group, more than 5 million Europeans have experienced Smart&Co. In 2004 Smart&Co. was awarded the Oscar for Innovation -- Smart&Co. continues to find new ways of bringing people together for leisure pursuits.
# # #