San Diego (Vocus) January 28, 2008
Nothing says "I love you" like a big slobbery kiss from your favorite furry Valentine. Pet parents can smooch their pooch, cuddle their cat or hug their hamster at PETCO's Valentine's Pet Party at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9.
The event, sponsored by Hill's Science Diet, will be held at PETCO locations nationwide. Festivities will include a best pet kiss contest, where pets and their parents can show their best public display of affection (for furry friends only). The top smoochers will be awarded a bag of Science Diet Oral Care Dog or Cat Food and a tin of Yip Yap breath fresheners for dogs. Following the contest, pet parents can return the favor and decorate a heart-shaped cookie for their special friend.
At the event, attendees will pose with their pet and get a free commemorative Valentine's Day photo frame, pets can "personalize" a Valentine's card with their very own paw-print "autograph" and PETCO's groomers will treat pets to a Berry Love spritz and stylish red or pink hair ribbons.
In addition, PETCO offers the following ideas to make Valentine's Day extra special for the love of your life – your pet:
- Dress up your pet for the occasion in a red, pink or rhinestone collar, heart sweater, or flirty T- shirt with sayings such as, "My Mommy is Single" or "Dog Run Flirt."
- Traditional Valentine's Day gifts such as chocolate and flowers can be harmful to your pet when ingested. Rather than exposing them to a serious health threat, give them a pet-friendly treat, such as cookies from PETCO's treat bar or one of PETCO's exclusive Valentine's dog or cat toys, available in stores nationwide and on PETCO.com.
- Treat your pet to a Berry Love Valentine Spa Works in one of PETCO's grooming salons. The grooming package is designed to clean even the dirtiest pets while creating a clean, luxurious coat and leaving the skin and coat shiny and smelling "berry" great.
- Valentine's Day is special for small animals, too. PETCO offers heart-shaped glass gravel accents to spruce up your finned friend's home and colored pet bedding that is perfect for pampered guinea pigs, hamsters, rats and mice.
- Looking for unconditional love? Visit PETCO's Think Adoption First kiosk or PETCO's online adoption partner, petfinder.com, to find adoptable pets in your neighborhood to steal your heart.
For more information or to find a PETCO near you, visit PETCO.com.
For the latest news on anything and everything PETCO – from updates about the company to incredible acts of animal kindness, visit the company's blog at PETCOnews.com.
PETCO is a privately held specialty retailer that provides products, services and advice that make it easier for our customers to be great pet parents. We operate more than 900 stores in 49 states and the District of Columbia, as well as a leading pet products and information destination at http://www.PETCO.com. Our nonprofit organization, The PETCO Foundation, has raised more than $34 million since its inception in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the foundation, we work with and support more than 4,200 local animal welfare groups across the country to help find homes for more than 200,000 adoptable animals every year.