Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) March 29, 2013
Some events are so boring they leave attendees fighting off pins and needles. The leading US knitting event, Vogue Knitting LIVE!, makes its debut in the Seattle area April 5 through 7 and proves that knitters can be a wild and wooly bunch. More than 3,000 Seattle-area handcrafters are expected to fill the Meydenbauer Convention Center and Hyatt Regency Bellevue to take classes (from beginner to advanced), view fashion shows, shop for unique new fibers, view one-of-a-kind knitted art, and network with other crafters.
Over the weekend, attendees will see and experience:
- The first-ever knitted zombie crawl. Ten knitted miniature “undead,” crafted by Anna Hrachovec, will be hidden around the convention center on April 7. Successful “zombie hunters” who find a creature can redeem it for a copy of Hrachovec’s new book, Super-Scary Mochimochi.
- Dazzling knitted glass, as artist Carol Milne showcases her unique and colorful craft.
- The Marketplace, aka knitter’s heaven, features more than 60 vendors including Paradise Fibers, knit-couture fashion shows, raffles and giveaways, free demos, yarn tastings, celebrity book signings, knit and crochet lessons, and much more!
- A speed knitting contest, sponsored by Skacel Collection, Inc. and addi Turbo, where attendees have the opportunity to compete for prizes and attempt to beat the record set in 2006.
- The Relax and Unwind Lounge, the perfect place to take a break and enjoy massages, manicures, and yoga stretching/relaxation techniques. (Knitting and meditation are said to have similar effects on the human body.) Sponsored by Alive and Shine Center and Truce Spa, the Lounge will be a soothing break from the buzzing festival.
- The garments you create at Vogue Knitting LIVE can give warmth and comfort to children in need around the globe, as the event is partnering with World Vision’s Knit for Kids. Nearly one million kids living in poverty have received items hand-knit through Knit for Kids, and Vogue Knitting LIVE is aiming to make that number rise.
Vogue Knitting LIVE offers a full range of package options, from single-day Marketplace passes to an all inclusive package of classes, lectures, shopping, and exclusive evening events.