These two color laser printers round out our product offerings in our bizhub printer line, giving customers the right printers they need to meet their blended printing needs
Ramsey, N.J. (Vocus) May 19, 2008
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leading provider of advanced imaging and networking technologies for the desktop to the print shop, announces the availability of the bizhub C20P Series of network-ready laser printers. Ideal for small- and mid-sized business (SMBs) because of their small footprint and quiet operation, the bizhub™ C20P Series is built upon the strong success of the well-established bizhub series of printers. This new series of bizhub printers carries over a new design, an InfoLine-style display and an acoustic noise level of only 52 decibels. The printers, which print black and white and color at 25 pages per minute, offer the benefit of superior performance at a low total cost of ownership.
“These two color laser printers round out our product offerings in our bizhub printer line, giving customers the right printers they need to meet their blended printing needs,” said Kevin P. Kern, vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. “SMBs are looking for affordable color printing, and with the bizhub C20P Series of network printers, Konica Minolta is delivering a better alternative for this growing market.
The bizhub C20P Series increases productivity for workgroups by offering fast first print times of less than 15 seconds; a warm up time of 35 seconds or less from stand by; and an automatic duplexer for two-sided printing is standard. The bizhub C20P Series is designed to be a full-color network solution ideal for small business teams as well as large workgroups in an enterprise setting. Combining ease of setup and professional on demand printing, the bizhub C20P Series incorporates many innovative features such as the EmperonTM Print System and Simitri® HD (High Definition) Color Polymerized Toner. The bizhub C20P series comes equipped with the newest Emperon version available, featuring IPv6, PDF, PostScript 3, and Microsoft Vista and WSD support (WSD is a new protocol developed by Microsoft to improve auto discovery of devices).
Innovations and Advancements
- 9600 x 600 dpi-class PhotoART quality and dynamic contone screening
- InfoLine style display informs user of machine status
- Low acoustic noise level
- 512 MB RAM (upgradeable to 768 MB) for large print jobs
- 250-sheet paper tray that can handle postcard to letter-sized paper (16-24 lb. bond), and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray that can manage paper sizes from postcard to legal (up to 110 lb. Index); up to 850 sheets capacity
- Automatic duplexer standard for two-sided printing on paper up 24 lb. bond
- High capacity toner prints up to 8,000-page yield at 5% coverage
- Emperon print system for superior printing performance
- PictBridge for direct printing from digital cameras
- PageScope suite that includes Web Connection and NetCare
- Enhanced Automatic Image Density Control (eAIDC) enhances prints by automatically calibrating the print engine for optimal color quality
- ICC Color Profile support helps users to consistently reproduce color across scanners, displays, printers, and applications with the standard Emperon Print System.
- Simitri HD color polymerized toner for high print quality
- 90,000 maximum monthly duty cycle
- One-year on-site warranty for the bizhub C20P and three-year on-site warranty for the C20PX
- Next generation color scheme, a new ergonomic design and small footprint
Options and Accessories
- 40 GB HDD or Compact Flash Harness (compatible with cards from 256 MB to 4 GB, available from third= party vendors only) enables additional job retention, security, direct printing (PDF JPEG, TIFF, and XPS files from USB thumb drive), and resource downloading features.
- Add a lower feeder (500 sheets) to bring maximum paper capacity to 850 sheets
- Additional RAM (max 768MB) for increased job handling capability
- One of the smallest and most compact, network color laser printers in its class.
Pricing and Availability
The bizhub C20P Series is available now through Konica Minolta’s North American direct sales, authorized dealer, and value-added reseller channels. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the bizhub C20P is $1,299; and the bizhub C20PX is $1,699.
About Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Inc. (http://www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us), a leader in advanced imaging and networking technologies for the desktop to the print shop, brings together unparalleled advances in security, print quality and network integration via its award-winning line of bizhubTM multifunction products (MFPs); bizhub PROTM production printing systems; magicolor® desktop color laser printers and all-in-ones; and pageproTM monochrome desktop laser printers and all-in-ones. Konica Minolta also offers advanced software solutions, wide-format printers, microform digital imaging systems, and scanning systems for specialized applications.
Headquartered in Ramsey, NJ, Konica Minolta delivers expert professional services and client support through an extensive network of direct sales offices, authorized dealers, resellers and distribution partners in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America.
Konica Minolta is a trademark of Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. bizhub and Emperon are trademarks of Konica Minolta Business Technologies, Inc. Simitri is a registered trademark of Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.