Nashville TN (PRWEB) February 5, 2009
Data protection and identity theft response leader Kroll Fraud Solutions and legal technologies and litigation consulting industry leader Kroll Ontrack will host a free series of webinars tailored to healthcare industry leaders titled "The Golden Hour: A Breach of Sensitive Healthcare Data Requires a Prepared Team, a Tested Plan, and the Confidence to Act Quickly When Every Minute Counts."
By necessity, healthcare facilities intake, utilize and maintain the most desirable elements of a patient's confidential information - from personal health data to Social Security numbers and credit card information. They are also open environments where patients, visitors, volunteers, vendors and staff come and go, making healthcare facilities particularly vulnerable to the inappropriate access and misuse of the sensitive data they keep. This fact, combined with the frequent exchange of data between departments, clinics, practitioners and patients, greatly increases the chance of a data loss incident.
While it may seem easier to ignore the risk, the risk will not ignore you. In this live Internet broadcast, a panel of data security experts will provide practical advice on fighting back against one of the industry's biggest threats. Register for the webinar now.
- Alan Brill, CISSP, CFE - Senior Managing Director, Kroll Ontrack
- Judy Miller - Managing Director, Kroll Business Intelligence and Investigation
- Brian Lapidus - Chief Operating Officer, Kroll Fraud Solutions
- Michele Lange, Esq. (Moderator) - Director, Kroll Ontrack
Topics to be covered include:
- Factors that give rise to a healthcare data loss incident
- The stakes involved
- The importance of understanding the situation and the risks associated with an inadequate response
- Preparing your healthcare organization for a data breach
- Common mistakes of the unprepared organization
Thursday, February 19, 2009; 2:00 p.m. EST
Thursday, February 26, 2009; 2:00 p.m. EST