Kissimmee, Fla. (PRWEB) January 8, 2007
Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) has released its 2007 calendar of electrical safety featuring the winning entries from its annual student art contest.
The 12-month wall calendar is themed around electrical safety in the home and workplace.
A total of 1,609 entries were received from 28 Osceola County elementary and middle schools, including public, private and charter schools. This marks a 372 percent increase over the number of entries received in 2006.
The featured student artists include:
- First United Methodist School - Chris Wilcox, grade 4
- Kissimmee Elementary - Jarynn Lowe, grade 5; Armando Mack, grade 5
- Michigan Avenue Elementary - Thomas Kinsella, grade 4
- Mill Creek Elementary - Austin Salehi, grade 5
- Narcoossee Community - Angel Centeno, grade 1; Caroline Joseph, grade 1
- Pleasant Hill Elementary - Annie Martin, grade 5; Jonathan Oliva, grade 2; Carlos Roman, grade 5
- P.M. Wells Charter Academy - Kiara Martinez, grade 3
- Sunrise Elementary - Jessica Justo, grade 3
The winning entries are available for viewing online at http://www.kua.com/Community/Features/StudentArt07/.
The calendars are being distributed free of charge at KUA's customer service center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee, while supplies last.
KUA's annual calendar project has received 38 local, state and national public relations and design awards since its inception in 1995.
Founded in 1901, KUA (http://www.kua.com) is Florida's sixth largest community-owned utility providing electric and telecommunication services to 170,000 residents in five Central Florida counties.
# # #