Our customers have found these tips to be invaluable in maintaining enjoyable outdoor environments. We pride ourselves on designing adaptable outdoor environments that Arizona residents are able to enjoy year-round, whether it's 110 degrees in summer or 30 degrees in winter.
Tempe, AZ (PRWEB) September 23, 2008
Fall is almost here and now is the best time to protect and prepare Arizona outdoor landscapes for the colder winter months. One of the main benefits of living in Arizona is that the winter months are generally mild, however, getting ready for cold days will help homeowners preserve plants and spend more time outside enjoying their backyards.
"We have been helping Arizona clients create and maintain unique landscapes for more than 50 years," said John Waters, Co-Owner of Creative Environments. "Our customers have found these tips to be invaluable in maintaining enjoyable outdoor environments. We pride ourselves on designing adaptable outdoor environments that Arizona residents are able to enjoy year-round, whether it's 110 degrees in summer or 30 degrees in winter."
Creative Environments Design & Landscape offers the following fall and winter landscape preparation tips for Arizona residents:
- Fall is the best time to plant trees, shrubs and grass. Plants need time to grow their roots, especially if they're new. By planting in the fall, plants can grow roots into December or January and then continue growing in the spring before the hot, dry summer season hits.
- Fall is also the best time to plant flowering bulbs like tulips and daffodils. Keep in mind, however, that some perennials need to be protected in the winter. Once it starts getting cold and the tops of the plants die off, cut the stems down to the ground and put a generous layer of fresh mulch around them.
- Overseeding your lawn in the fall will help you improve the look of your lawn year-round. Overseeding is the process of seeding over your existing lawn, helping to get rid of weeds and thicken the appearance of your lawn. By overseeding in the fall, the new grass will have several months to establish a strong root system before summer. Overseeding is easy, but requires diligence and commitment for several weeks!
- It is also a good idea to fertilize in the fall rather than in the spring. By fertilizing now, your trees, shrubs and lawn will absorb all of the vital nutrients necessary to survive the winter and rejuvenate in the spring.
- Lastly, we encourage residents to get the most of their investment. It is important to spend time in your outdoor environment, even when it's cold outside. By warming up your romantic nook, your quiet reading space or your entertainment patio, you will be able to spend more time enjoying it. An outdoor fireplace can provide a warm and cozy atmosphere. Outdoor heaters can also warm up the space - they are a much more practical option, as they are affordable and take up much less space.
To learn more about Creative Environments fall and winter landscape design and preparation services call 480-458-4100 or Request a Landcaping Quote.
About Creative Environments:
Creative Environments Design & Landscape, an industry leader since 1950, is the largest and most respected Arizona landscape construction and design company. We continue to win local and national landscaping and remodel awards from industry peers, as well as receive the honor of #1 Landscape Design / Build Company, as voted by the residents of the Phoenix-metro area.
Although unique and functional design is our passion, outstanding customer service is our number one priority. Our talented Design and Construction Consultants will listen to you and then they will use their expertise to develop an integrated and architectural-quality design plan that will create the outdoor living space of your dreams.
With our specialized construction crews and a fully-staffed customer care department, you can rest assured that your entire outdoor living environment will be installed correctly and on time.
Creative Environments can be found online at CreativeEnvironments.com.