Our customers embody a broad spectrum of industries and challenges. With this release we once again have delivered key customer driven features to enhance real world functionality within enterprises in the corporate, government and educational arenas.
Addison, TX (PRWEB) July 23, 2007
LANrev LP today released LANrev 4.5, featuring major enhancements and updates to the all-in-one lifecycle management software for heterogeneous networks. LANrev 4.5 adds to the industry-leading LANrev cross-platform architecture several new features, most notably full support for Microsoft Windows Vista, additional remote script execution functionality, advanced registry search, considerably augmented software distribution options, new custom software information items and many other noteworthy feature and performance enhancements.
These new features add to LANrev's already expansive array of lifecycle management tools including software distribution, license management, patch management, remote management, asset inventory, usage management, role-based administration and LANrev's pioneering ImageLive disk imaging.
"LANrev 4.5, represents the next generation of enterprise lifecycle management," said Martin Bestmann, Founder and CTO, LANrev. "Our customers embody a broad spectrum of industries and challenges. With this release we once again have delivered key customer driven features to enhance real world functionality within enterprises in the corporate, government and educational arenas."
LANrev 4.5 innovations include:
- Microsoft Windows Vista feature-complete functionality
- New custom information items for superior reporting
- Greatly enhanced software distribution options
- Remote viewing of log files in real time
- Enhanced remote script execution with support for AppleScript, Unix shell script, Visual Basic script, and DOS batch files.
- Windows registry search and edit
- Increased administrator privileges and rights granularity
- New information items for Macintosh purchase, registration, and warranty information
- New information items for tracking if agent is a VMware, Parallels, or Virtual PC virtual machine