We are taking a multi-dimensional approach that focuses on simplified deployment, service and durability without sacrificing performance. Major competitors focus their efforts on 'rugged' only.
ROUND ROCK, Texas (PRWEB) March 4, 2008
The Latitude XFR D630 meets MIL-STD 810F standards from the Department of Defense for products that operate in extreme temperatures, moisture and altitude, to name a few. The system shares common images and components with Dell's current line of Latitude laptops to greatly simplify deployment and maintenance. Also, a patent-pending thermal management system allows the rugged laptop to use latest generation technology and deliver up to four times better graphics performance than the Panasonic CF-30.(2)
"The Latitude XFR D630 represents a tectonic shift towards simplicity in the ruggedized laptop space," said Brett McAnally, director, Dell Product Group. "We are taking a multi-dimensional approach that focuses on simplified deployment, service and durability without sacrificing performance. Major competitors focus their efforts on 'rugged' only."
The Latitude XFR D630 leads major rugged laptop vendors in standard service with Next Business Day On-Site(3) service for major components inside the laptop. Competitors require customers to return systems for service. Dell's rugged laptop also allows users to service many components in the field.
The Latitude XFR D630 includes several features that keep users productive:
-- Five times more data durability of leading competitors with solid state drives(4)
-- Latitude ExpressCharge charges batteries at least 30 minutes faster than competitors(5)
-- Outdoor readable screen at 500 nits
-- Integrated resistive touch technology to easily interface with the system
-- Shock isolated mounting to help protect hard drive, LCD and core electronic elements
-- Dual locking butterfly mechanisms for easy access to components
-- Sealed keyboard designed to withstand driving rain and dust
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com, or to communicate directly with Dell via a variety of online channels, go to http://www.dell.com/conversations. To get Dell news direct, visit http://www.dell.com/RSS.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Offers subject to change, not combinable with all other offers, valid only for end-user customers and not for resale by customer. Taxes, shipping, handling and other fees apply. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.
(1) Based on SYSmark(R) 2007 testing by Dell Labs in February 5, 2008 with a Dell Latitude XFR D630 (Intel Core Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2, 160GB HDD) compared to a Panasonic CF-30 (Intel Core Duo L2400 @ 1.66GHz, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2, 80GB HDD). Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.
(2) Based on 3Dmark(R) 2005 testing by Dell Labs in February 5, 2008 with a Dell Latitude XFR D630 (Intel Core Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2, 80GB HDD) compared to a Panasonic CF-30 (Intel Core Duo L2400 @ 1.66GHz, 512MB, Windows XP Pro SP2, 80GB HDD). Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.
(3) On-Site Service: Service may be provided by third-party. Technician dispatched, if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting. Availability varies.
(4) Based on Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 1.9M for SSD vs. 327K for standard HDD calculated by Dell Labs using Telcordia methodology.
(5) Dell Latitude D630 ExpressCharge versus HP Compaq 6910p Fast Charge batteries, both systems turned off. Latitude 4-cell and 6-cell batteries reached 5th LED charge light (greater than or equal to 80%) in approximately 1 hour; 6910p 6-cell battery recharges up to 90% within 90 minutes, http://www.hp.com, 5-31-07.