Organizing a picnic or some other type of outing during the holiday weekend is a perfect example of an activity that celebrates the law firm’s success and promotes a sense of unity.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) May 13, 2011
A law firm looking for a way to pick up the morale of its attorneys and staff can start with the upcoming Memorial Day holiday weekend, says law firm Web marketing consultant Jennifer Greenland of Consultwebs.com.
“Organizing a picnic or some other type of outing during the holiday weekend is a perfect example of an activity that celebrates the law firm’s success and promotes a sense of unity,” says Greenland, who provides Web support services for Consultwebs.com, one of the country’s leading providers of law firm Web design, marketing and consulting products and services.
Greenland’s article, “Ways to Keep Your Law Firm Attorneys and Staff Healthy, Happy and Productive,” recently was featured on the Consultwebs.com blog site, http://www.lawwebmarketing.com, which provides law firms with regularly updated tips and information about the latest trends in Internet legal marketing.
In the blog article, Greenland cautions law firms about the risks of overlooking employee morale.
“Unhappy workers can cause unwanted stress and negativity in the workplace, which can have a domino effect in the form of gossip, misunderstandings and unprofessional behaviors,” Greenland writes.
So, how can the firm avoid the pitfalls of bad management and disgruntled employees?
Among Greenland’s suggestions:
- Improve communication through meetings, small gatherings, newsletters, e-mail memos and old-fashioned face-to-face discussions;
- Make the workplace more comfortable through simple steps like brightening dark interiors or providing quality furniture;
- Manage by example by treating co-workers with respect and kindness;
- Hold team activities, such as the Pennsylvania personal injury and national trucking litigation firm of Munley, Munley & Cartwright, a Consultwebs.com client that holds pizza parties for paralegals and TGIF-themed parties;
- Recognize and appreciate employees’ contributions to the firm, such as the Raleigh personal injury law firm of Hardison & Cochran, which regularly holds themed potlucks, birthday parties, contest giveaways and charity drives; and
- Above all, focus on the positive.
“Even if a law firm can’t take advantage of the upcoming three-day weekend to hold a team outing, it’s important looking ahead to seek out these kinds of opportunities that can help to guide, nurture and motivate your team,” Greenland says. “Happy employees are productive employees, and that can lead to a law firm’s continued success.”
Based in Raleigh, NC and Berea, KY, Consultwebs.com was founded in 1999 and has grown into one of the country’s leading providers of law firm Web design, marketing and consulting products and services. The legal Web marketing firm has played a significant role in advancing Internet-based lawyer and law firm marketing through complete websites, content services, search engine optimization (SEO), legal directories, specialty sites, press release distribution, law firm videos, mobile websites, law firm social media pages and other Web-based initiatives. For more information, call Tanner Jones at (800) 872-6590 or (859) 353-7720 or use the convenient Consultwebs.com online contact form.