New York, NY (Vocus) October 27, 2009
The Leading Hotels of the World announces exciting news, seasonal travel packages, awards and honors.
Royal Hideaway Playacar, in Mexico's Riviera Maya region, has unveiled a Chef's Table at its signature restaurant, Las Ventanas. The customized dining experience offers guests the opportunity to interact with the resort's executive chef and his team while enjoying unique dishes created exclusively for the bi-weekly event.
In December, Hotel Okura Amsterdam will celebrate the opening of 'Taste of Okura', a culinary center where people can learn how to prepare the Okura's chefs' dishes themselves. In addition, the sommeliers will explain how to pair wine and sake with the food. 'Taste of Okura' is situated on the hotel's lowest floor and features the latest high-tech Miele equipment. In addition to a kitchen, the culinary center also has a wine room, a shop and a lounge where guests can enjoy the fruits of their labors.
Celebrating an Anniversary
To celebrate its 120th birthday, the Hotel Eden in Rome, will host a gala dinner for a few distinguished guests on November 14. Hotel chef Adriano Cavagnini, will be joined in the kitchen by three other celebrities of the world of fine dining. They are Fabrizio Cadei, from the Acanto, at Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan; Michele Gioia, from The Cesar at Hotel La Posta Vecchia in Ladispoli (Rome), and Mircko Zago from the Syr of Moscow. The evening will take place in La Terrazza, with a breath-taking view of the Eternal City.
Le Touessrok Garners Incentive Award
Le Touessrok has been awarded the Silver Award for 'Best Overseas Incentive Hotel' in 2009. This Award was presented by Conference & Incentive Travel Magazine, a highly respected publication in the United Kingdom. The magazine's annual Hot List celebrates the best UK and overseas venues, destinations and suppliers in the events industry, as voted by its readers.
Diamond Award for Azure at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Cape Town's much loved Azure restaurant at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa has, for the second year in succession, been presented with a Diamond Award at the '2009 Diners Club Winelist Awards'. This is the highest accolade awarded and recognizes the restaurant's superior and extensive wine list.
Seasonal Packages and Promotions
Hotel Sacher Wien, Vienna, Austria
Sisi and the Sacher Package
- Valid through March 31, 2010
- Rates from EUR 375 per night, double occupancy; EUR 332 per night, single occupancy; include:
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Admission to the Hofburg Palace to the Silver Collection and to the Sisi Museum
- 24-hour tram ticket
- Original Sacher Cube
- CD of Sacher Classics
- Two-night minimum/maximum stay
- Please refer to booking code S5
Hotel Adlon Kempinksi, Berlin, Germany
- Valid December 23 to 26, 2009
- Rates from EUR 1,090 double occupancy; EUR 820 single occupancy include:
- Two nights' accommodation
- Welcome treatment
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Five-course dinner on either December 24 or 25
- Two-night minimum, five-night maximum
- Please refer to booking code PX
Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, Sorrento, Italy
New Year's Package
- Valid from December 29, 2009, to January 3, 2010
- Rates from EUR 1,905 include:
- Four nights' accommodation
- Welcome basket of fruit
- Buffet breakfast daily
- New Year's Eve gala dinner (excluding beverages)
- New Year's Day jazz brunch (excluding beverages)
- New Year's gift
- Please refer to booking code PT
- VAT additional at 10%
The Club at Saujana, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Great Escape
- Valid from January 1 to December 31, 2010
- Rates from MYR 800 per night, single or double occupancy, include:
- Daily breakfast buffet at The Restaurant
- All-day tea and coffee service, and evening cocktails and canapés in The Lounge
- Dry cleaning, laundry and pressing service
- Wireless and broadband Internet access
- One of the following when booking a suite:
10% credit on food and beverage, OR 15% credit on a spa treatment OR late check-out to 6:00 p.m., OR one-way airport transfer when booking a deluxe suite
- Please refer to booking code PU
- Service charge 10%, tax 5%.
Please note: All programs and packages listed above are subject to availability.
Discounts and special offers cannot be combined. Local taxes and service charges are additional.
Certain restrictions may apply.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.
The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. is the prestigious luxury hospitality organization representing more than 450 of the world's finest hotels, resorts and spas, and is the operator of http://www.lhw.com and http://www.lhwspas.com - the online sources for your luxury lifestyle. As the largest international luxury hotel brand, the firm maintains offices in 22 major markets across the globe.
Since 1928, the company's reputation for excellence derives from the exacting levels of quality it demands of its members, each of which must pass a rigorous, anonymous inspection covering hundreds of meticulous criteria spanning from product to behavioral standards. This set of standards is the most stringent in the industry.
For reservations and information, visit http://www.lhw.com or telephone toll-free from the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, (800) 223-6800.
Director, Public Relations
Tel: (212) 515-5782
E-mail: azerounian (at) lhw (dot) com