Different from cartoon-like animations, these characters are real photographs of real people in real poses that help developers add professionalism, personality – and well, character, to eLearning courses
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) September 07, 2011
Today, the makers of Lectora eLearning software release new features and updates to the already impressive and powerful authoring tool. Lectora X.5 includes 23 new characters, 15 different poses to choose from and over 300 photographs of real people for even greater interactivity and excitement. The latest release also features new Flash games, enhanced 508 compliance and customization options to enhance eLearning courses and training.
“One of the many new features we’re pleased to offer our users in this powerful release is the addition of unique characters,” says John Blackmon, Senior Vice President of Authoring Products at Trivantis Corporation. “Different from cartoon-like animations, these characters are real photographs of real people in real poses that help developers add professionalism, personality – and well, character, to eLearning courses.”
Lectora X.5 offers new, appealing features including:
- New Real-Life Characters - Choose from 23 characters with 15 different poses to make your content stand out above the rest. Stop using run-of-the-mill, mundane animations and instead utilize these unique characters that include 345 authentic photos of people in real-world poses.
- New Flash Games - Six new interactive Flash games enable authors to assess learning and training in fun and engaging ways, including carnival-style games, Slot machine, Walk the Plank and more.
- New and Customizable Skins for the Media Player – Users can tailor the appearance of the Media Player to fit eLearning material. They can choose from one of 12 new skins or create and import their own custom skins.
- Camtasia® for Lectora MP4 Output – Conveniently publish files created in Lectora Inspire with Camtasia directly to MP4 format, which is ideal for viewing on iPhones and iPads.
- Enhanced Captions for 508 Compliance – Meet 508 compliance standards and customize the user experience by modifying font styles, sizes and colors in video captions.
- And even more new features and updates.
Lectora X.5 is free of charge for those who are current on their Maintenance. Users can receive updates through “auto-update,” enabled in Lectora, or by visiting the Lectora Downloads page here.
Download a free 30-day trial of Lectora X.5 here.
For more information about Lectora X.5 and to see all of the new features, visit here or contact Trivantis at 1.877.929.0188.
About Trivantis Corporation
Trivantis Corporation produces Lectora, the world’s leading e-Learning software, used by most Global 2000 companies. Lectora is sold in over 70 countries and is offered in six languages. Trivantis Corporation also develops Snap! by Lectora, the easy-to-use PowerPoint plug-in e-Learning software that rapidly converts PowerPoint to Flash. CourseMill learning management system and Custom Development Services are also included in the Trivantis family of products. The latest release by Trivantis now includes Flypaper, the leading Flash content creation platform that empowers programmers and non-programmers alike to create, edit, share, track and reuse high-impact Flash and video content. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Trivantis Corporation also has offices in Boca Raton, Paris, London and Beijing. Website: http://www.Trivantis.com. Trivantis, Lectora and CourseMill are trademarks of Trivantis Corporation. Phone: 877.929.0188.
Facebook: facebook.com/Trivantis & facebook.com/SnapByLectora
Blog: trivantis.com/blog & SNAPbyLectora.com/e-Learning-blog