St. George, Utah (PRWEB) July 17, 2006
The Ledges of St. George, Southern Utah’s most exclusive golf community, and the prestigious Nicklaus Academies are pleased to announce an agreement that will bring the highest level of golf instruction to one of the nation’s most awe-inspiring locations.
Located among the abundance of natural wonders of Southern Utah, The Ledges sits above the booming city of St. George on the rim of Snow Canyon State Park, a geological masterpiece. The 1,100 acre community has already become the areas most sought after location. Interlaced with this spectacular setting is the 18-hole championship Ledges Golf Club designed in the famous Dye family tradition by Matt Dye. The course opened in March of 2006 to fabulous reviews.
The addition of the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf to The Ledges community is a perfect fit. Nicklaus Academies are reserved for the world’s finest resorts, residential developments and private clubs. Guests of the Academy can expect the most advanced, quality instruction available anywhere in the world enhanced by the beautiful setting of The Ledges and the growing popularity and abundant recreation opportunities of the Greater St. George area.
"We wanted to provide our members and guests with a golf academy that would further enhance the vision of the community," said Hans Kuhni, Managing Partner for The Ledges of St. George. "We have clearly achieved that through our partnership with the exclusive, world renowned Nicklaus Academies. The Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at The Ledges will offer an experience in golf instruction unmatched anywhere in the area."
“We are excited about the relationship between The Ledges of St. George and Nicklaus Academies with the opening of the first Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in Utah,” states Ted Simons, Vice President of Nicklaus Academies. “The emphasis to quality and attention to detail at The Ledges - and their commitment to and investment in golf instruction - were major factors in our decision.”
Highlights of the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at The Ledges include:
- Three Climate Controlled Teaching Bays featuring the Jack Nicklaus Coaching Studio complete with the new Nicklaus Video Capture and Analysis Software; multiple high-speed video cameras; a pressure mat system that tracks balance and
body movement; and an integrated ball flight launch monitor for a seamless custom fitting experience for drivers, woods, irons and golf balls.
- A Putting Analysis Lab dedicated to lowering golfers’ scores by perfecting the player’s stroke and the roll of the ball, and ensuring a custom putter fit.
- An Integrated Golf and Fitness Program complete with physical assessments, and stretches and exercises utilizing workout equipment and movement patterns specifically designed for the golf swing.
- A Championship Short Game Practice Area, complete with multiple tees and practice greens featuring distinct bunker challenges and mini-fairways which allow golfers to practice all the scoring shots from 100 yards and in.
- The appointment of Doug Roberts as the Director of Instruction to oversee all golf schools, custom corporate outings, private lessons and club fitting. Doug has conducted over 300 golf schools in 25 states across the U.S., and in 11 countries during his 17 year professional career. He is a former lead instructor with the Nicklaus/Flick golf schools, and is a past Director of Instruction for the exclusive Estancia Club, and for the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale. His successful approach to the game is currently utilized by all levels of players, from complete beginners to professionals on the European and PGA Tour.
The Ledges of St. George