Secaucus, NJ. (PRWEB) October 1, 2007
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS), renowned for its award-winning healthcare websites, recently launched LegDisorders.org, a one-stop educational resource for healthcare providers seeking information on a variety of leg disorders. The goal of the website is to enhance competency in the recognition and management of leg disorders via evolved understanding of disease differentiation and heightened awareness of prevalence and impact on patients and society.
As a part of the exciting launch of this website, PPS presents broad content offerings that span the full spectrum of leg disorders, including restless legs syndrome, nocturnal leg cramps, peripheral neuropathies, peripheral arterial disease, deep vein thrombosis, and osteoarthritis, among others. Numerous continuing medical education (CME)-certified activities will also be offered at no charge to participants.
Notable features of LegDisorders.org include:
- Dynamic Slide Library: A collection of downloadable slides that can be saved for presentations
- Ask-The-Expert Video Podcasts: National thought leaders address frequently asked questions--on video!
- Virtual Case Studies and Patient Video Vignettes: Interactive, CME-certified "real-world" cases that reinforce clinical acumen
- Animated 3-D Leg Model: An anatomical model of the leg that offers an enhanced understanding of its structure
- Clinical Insights® in Leg Disorders Newsletter Series: Each CME-certified issue contains a feature article on a timely topic, a case study, an interview with a BOLD Steering Committee or Faculty member, and a variety of other clinically relevant information
- Current Literature: A comprehensive library of recent literature spanning the spectrum of leg disorders, along with expert commentary exploring the clinical relevance of selected articles
- Patient-Education Materials: A series of informative handouts designed to enhance physician-patient communication on the treatment and management of various leg disorders
- Interactive Clinical Compendium Resource Tool
- Innovative Self-Study Confidence Based Learning course
- Archived webcasts of important meetings
LegDisorders.org is the official website of the Biology of Leg Disorders™ (BOLD™) educational initiative. BOLD brings a first-of-its-kind educational paradigm to leg disorders, structuring programs across a spectrum of diseases. Classification that differentiates on the basis of pathophysiologic origin (ie, cardiovascular, neurologic, musculoskeletal) offers healthcare professionals comprehensive, cross-disciplinary education. Over the coming months, PCPs, geriatricians, OB/GYNs, nurse practitioners, and pharmacists will participate in programs in this format via live meetings, web and satellite conferences, and enduring materials that are both printed and web-based. As such, the leadership of BOLD draws from physician, nurse practitioner and pharmacy professions representing a cross section of medical specialties. BOLD is truly a multimedia campaign with unprecedented outreach to clinicians.
LegDisorders.org was developed with funding through an educational grant from AR Scientific, Inc.
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS)
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS) develops medical education activities designed to meet the needs of practicing physicians. PPS, working with medical leaders, designs and implements effective programs to meet specific educational objectives. Our overall goal is to conduct activities that will modify physician behavior in such a way as to have a positive impact on patient care and quality of life. Program formats are based on careful evaluation of message complexity, goals, audience needs, and budget, always taking advantage of proven training methodologies and interactivity. PPS develops medical education programs consistent with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education as well as guidelines established by the AMA, PhRMA, and FDA. Professional Postgraduate Services® is a business unit of KnowledgePoint360 Group, LLC, Secaucus, NJ.