Grand Rapids, MI (PRWEB) June 08, 2011
The Alliance of Merger & Acquisitions Advisors and the International Society of Primerus Law Firms recently held the Third Global M&A Symposium: The New Economics for the Private Middle Market on May 10th – 12th in London.
The Symposium provided the 100+ attendees the opportunity to make valuable connections in the private middle market through face to face interaction and learn valuable practice management techniques.
The symposium was the third of its kind and was organized by the AM&AA in conjunction with Primerus; the international society of the world's finest boutique law firms. The two previous symposia held in Leeds, England (2008) and Frankfurt, Germany (2009), attracted delegates from over 15 countries. This year’s event attracted delegates from 16 countries which included Intermediaries, Investment Bankers, Attorneys, Private Equity Groups, CPA’s, Business Advisory Firms, and Corporate M & A professionals. Conference attendees learned from professionals in many different disciplines during the following sessions:
Changes in the Global Finance Markets
- Christian Heidl, Managing Partner, MML Capital Partners (Germany)
- Stephan Illenberger, Managing Director Germany, Axa Private Equity (Germany)
- John Normand, Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase (United Kingdom)
- Martin Schwab, Partner, Pamplona Funds (United Kingdom)
- Moderator: Karl-Michael Krüger, Managing Partner,
- Platinum Partners GmbH (Germany)
Demographic Changes and Regional Differences
- Mike Jamesson, Principal, Jamesson Associates (United States)
Recession’s Effect on Political Risk Profiles
- Michel Léonard, PhD, Chief Economist & Macro Strategist, Alliant Insurance – A Blackstone Group Company (United States)
- Karim Pakravan, PhD, Associate Professor of Finance, DePaul University; formerly, Senior Foreign Exchange Strategist, JPMorgan Chase (United States)
M&A in Emerging Economies
- Ramanand Mundkur, Managing Partner, Mundkur Law Partners (India)
- Adeodato Volpi Netto, CEO & International Chairman, Open Point Partners (Brazil)
Undiscovered Markets in the U.S. – The Power of Minority Business Community
- David Hinson, National Director of the Minority Business Development Agency, U.S. Department of Commerce (United States)
Conditions in the New Middle East
- David Butter, Regional Director – Middle East, Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) (United Kingdom)
- Íbrahim Arinc, Managing Partner, 3 Seas Capital Partners (Turkey)
Changes in the Regulatory Environment
- Ann Creelman, Partner, Vatier & Associés (France)
- Dr. Manfred Weitz, Chief Compliance Office, Corporate Finance Function, Deloitte & Touche
- Les Nemethy, CEO, Euro-Phoenix Ltd. (Hungary)
- Moderator: Ralph Hummel, Partner, Avocado Rechtsanwälte (Germany)
UK AIM Market: Leading Growth Market in the World
- Chilton Taylor, Head of Capital Markets, Baker Tilly Corporate Finance LLP (United
Cross Border Deals: EU, US, Canada
- Glenn M. Bowman, Managing Partner, Capital Canada Limited (Canada)
- Fred G. Jager, CEO & President, Hunter Wise (United States)
- Michelle Mathers, Partner, Ford & Warren (United Kingdom)
- Moderator: Michael R. Henry, Partner, Houser Henry & Syron (Canada)
- Steve Anstey, Partner, BCMS Corporate Limited (United Kingdom)
- Robin Stevens, Partner, Crowe Clark Whitehill, LLP (United Kingdom)
- Daniel J. McClory, Managing Director, Hunter Wise (United States)
Cross Border Deals: Getting It Done and Making It Work
- Daniel Confino, Founding Partner, MergerID (United Kingdom)
- Nitin Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Consultant (United States)
- Mark Lanyon, Director, International Strategy and Business Development, Morningstar, Inc.,
- Mona Pearl, Founder and COO, Beyond a Strategy (United States)
- Moderator: Linda McCarty, Attorney, Wall Esleeck Babcock LLP (United States)
Luncheon with Speaker
- Keith Hearn, Managing Partner, Ford & Warren (United Kingdom)
US Legal Traps: Taxation, Securities Law Compliance & FCPA
- Alan Bernstein, Partner, Carter Ledyard & Milburn, LLP (United States)
- Jim Wall, International Tax Partner, J. H. Cohn (United States)
- Rajesh Sharma, Partner, Smith and Williamson (United Kingdom)
What’s Next for Global M&A?
- Sevket Basev, IMAP Chairman, 3 Seas Capital Partners (Turkey)
Providing Education and Resources for the Private Middle Market
- Kenneth Marks, Managing Partner, High Rock Partners, Inc (United States)
- Michael Nall, Managing Director, AM&AA (United States)
About the AM&AA
The AM&AA is the leading association and credentialing body for 750 + middle market M&A professionals in 19 countries, providing connections, best practices and education. AM&AA members represent sellers and buyers of businesses ranging from $5 to $500 million in transaction value. Their services are due diligence, accounting financing, business valuation, tax planning legal, strategic, other advisory and transaction support services.
Our primary goals are to help members improve their level of knowledge, give them access to the tools to help them better market and deliver their services, and provide them with a network of knowledgeable professionals with whom they can share information and resources.
Our Alliance offers members a solid platform for professional collaboration. Our professional members work to provide the entire spectrum of consulting and corporate financial advisory services to measure, build, finance, and convert business value into personal wealth. For more information, Please visit the website http://www.amaaonline.com or contact Diane Niederman at (312) 856-9590.
Primerus is an international society of top-rated, independent, boutique law firms that have earned the right to display the Primerus seal of quality. As one of the most respected law firm societies, Primerus has 2,500 lawyers with over 170 member firms in 125 cities located in over 28 countries throughout the world. Primerus has become the size of some of the world’s largest law firms. However, unlike most large firms, Primerus is growing at an unprecedented pace, and is expanding throughout Europe, Asia, and elsewhere around the globe. In every country, Primerus lawyers have the skill and experience to advise clients on the international aspects of their transactions. High quality legal services at reasonable fees – that’s how Primerus can work for you. To learn more about how Primerus can provide the trusted legal advisors you need, visit http://www.primerus.com or contact Chad Sluss at 1-616-454-9939.
For more information or to schedule an interview with the AM&AA, please contact Diane Niederman at (312) 856-9590. For more information or to schedule an interview with Primerus, please contact Chad Sluss at (800) 968-2211.
# # #