IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 21, 2008
The Portégé A605 was uniquely designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, and includes many of the high-end technologies found in the Portégé R500 with a starting price of $1,399.99(1).
Developed to appeal to mainstream consumers with its sleek silver aluminum enclosure, the 12.1-inch Portégé A605 includes several innovative design qualities such as starting at a mere 3.3 pounds(2), measuring just 1.18 inches thin, an impressive 6.9 hours of battery life(3) and USB Sleep-and-Charge ports(4). The Portégé A605 is an ideal lightweight laptop for consumers who value mobility without sacrificing useful features and computing performance, such as a built-in optical drive.
The Portégé A605 laptop PC comes with a collection of solid standard components such as the latest Intel® Centrino® 2 Duo Processor(5) technology, 3GB of RAM(6) and a large 250GB hard drive(7). The Portégé A605 is a perfect choice for mobile users who require strong computing performance while on-the-go.
The Portégé A605 laptop PC provides mobile users with a highly dependable eco-friendly laptop that is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant.
The Toshiba Portégé A605 notebook is constructed from high-quality, lightweight components and space-saving technologies such as Toshiba's unique High Density Mounting Technology process. This innovative process efficiently manages the system's internal real estate by utilizing a dual-sided motherboard component mounting technique, which provides enough space for the Portégé A605 laptop PC to support its built-in optical drive.
Toshiba also incorporated its popular EasyGuard® Technology(8) business line feature within the Portégé A605. EasyGuard is a comprehensive series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one's laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(9) and fingerprint reader.
The new Portégé A605 is available at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide or directly from Toshiba at http://www.toshibadirect.com. Detailed product information is available at http://www.explore.toshiba.com/A605. The Portégé A605 is available with a one-year standard limited warranty(10).
The following configuration demonstrates some of the various specifications and price options available with the Portégé A605 series:
Portege A605-P201 Unique Specifications (ESUP $1,399.99(1)) • Genuine Windows Vista(R) Ultimate (SP1, 32-bit version)
Multimedia: Portégé A605 series
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(13), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
2. Weight. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
3. Battery Life. May vary considerably from specifications depending on product model, configuration, applications, power management settings. See Battery Life Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
4. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
5. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
6. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
7. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
8. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
9. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba's standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit http://www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
10. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
11. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
12. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
13. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information
Keyword Tags: laptop, laptop computer, laptop pc, notebook, notebook computer, portege, toshiba, toshiba laptop