Santa Cruz, CA (PRWEB) August 21, 2012
The journalists at LawyersandSettlements.com conduct hundreds of lawyer interviews each year covering the latest legal news—lawsuits, mass torts, class action lawsuits, settlements—that its readers are most interested in. The attorneys and legal subject matter experts LawyersandSettlements.com interviews provide insight and information on current personal injury lawsuits and litigation. Here are the top 10 attorney interviews that readers viewed during the first half of this year (in reverse order):
10. Attorney Stacy Hauer of Johnson//Becker PLLC law firm, co-lead counsel in the Minnesota State Court American Medical Systems litigation, discusses the transvaginal mesh lawsuits being consolidated into an MDL (multi-district litigation).The American Medical Systems, Inc. transvaginal mesh (MDL No. 2325, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia), alleges problems such as mesh erosion, pain and infection, bleeding, scarring, pain during sexual intercourse, organ perforation and urinary problems that require additional treatment and hospitalization.
9. Attorney Tim McCarthy of the McCarthy Law Group in Michigan provides insight on the Starbucks class action lawsuit (Montgomery v. Kraft et al., Docket No. 1.12-CV-149, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan) regarding the company's switch from Tassimo to Keurig single-serve coffee. The lawsuit alleges consumer fraud as thousands of Tassimo single-serve coffee machine owners claim they've been left with a machine that will no longer work with Starbucks single-serve coffee cups.
8. Attorney Dr. Shezad Malik, Texas personal injury attorney, discusses the outcome of the FDA advisory panel meeting held at the end of 2011 regarding the safety and efficacy of oral contraceptives, including drospirenone-based birth control drugs Yasmin and Yaz. Yaz lawsuits(MDL No. 2100, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois) allege side effects including blood clots, deep vein thrombosis (DVTS), pulmonary embolism and gallbladder problems.
7. Attorney Brenda Fulmer of the law firm Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley in Florida, who specializes in medical device litigation, talks about allegations surrounding CardioGen-82 over-radiation after Bracco Diagnostics recalled the scanner in July, 2001,and the FDA issued a safety communication for a new boxed warning (2/15/12) following an investigation. The CardioGen-82 is used for positron emission tomography (PET) scans.
6. Attorney Eric B. Brown of Oklahoma-based Garrett Law Office, P.C. shares some information on making a Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claim and what needs to be included to prove a 100 percent inability to work--including everything from medical reports to sworn affidavits.
5. Attorney Shaun Setareh, a Los Angeles, California labor law attorney, answers five commonly asked questions on filing a wage and hour lawsuit including the most common wage and hour complaint employees have as well as when to seek help from the labor board and when to seek a labor attorney.
4. Texas personal injury attorney Dr. Shezad Malik, who is both an attorney and a cardiologist, discusses Yasmin and Yaz settlements (MDL No. 2100, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois) and how Bayer had indicated it would handle settling Yaz claims.
3. Attorney Barry Kramer, of the Los Angeles-based Law Offices of Barry Kramer, informs readers about excessive emergency room charges and how it is typically uninsured patients who are victims of hospital overcharging—and compounding the issue, Kramer states emergency room costs are increasing.
2. Attorney Dr. Shezad Malik of the Dr. Shezad Malik Law Firm on the Yaz litigation (MDL No. 2100, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois) concerning oral contraceptives that contain drospirenone and their alleged side effects which range from gallbladder problems to DVTs to stroke—and even death.
1. Attorney Stacy Hauer of Johnson//Becker PLLC discusses the legal claim "loss of consortium" and how it plays into the allegations regarding the American Medical Systems, Inc. transvaginal mesh litigation (MDL No. 2325, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia). She explains that, "The woman and their partners who have been injured have significant loss of intimacy in their relationships due to their injuries."
LawyersandSettlements.com provides comprehensive legal news and critical information for those affected by once-in-a-lifetime situations involving medical device lawsuits, personal injury, defective products, California Overtime and labor issues or a host of others. Readers seeking legal help can request it by completing a form which is distributed to attorneys specializing in these cases. Trial attorneys utilize the site to keep abreast of hot legal issues and settlements as well as connect with potential clients. Web: http://www.LawyersandSettlements.com.
About Online Legal Media
Online Legal Media owns and operates websites providing information for the general public and the legal community. LawyersandSettlements.com, founded in 2001, is an online legal news publication with over 2.1 million visitors annually and hundreds of thousands of requests for attorney help from its readership. OnlineLegalMarketing.com serves as a portal for trial attorneys to network and to market their firms to other attorneys and legal professionals. HealthEffectsOfAsbestos.com offers up-to-date resources and news for those suffering from asbestos exposure and mesothelioma. Online Legal Media is based in Santa Cruz, California.