Houston (Vocus) February 15, 2008
Gloria Santona, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of McDonald's Corporation, has become the newest member of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council. Ms. Santona joins nine other prominent general counsel from leading multinational companies around the world who currently serve on the Council.
In her position as Chief Legal Officer of McDonald's Corporation, Ms. Santona leads the company's worldwide legal, compliance, regulatory and corporate governance functions. As part of McDonald's senior leadership team, she is actively involved in the company's strategic direction and growth. Ms. Santona has also fostered the legal department's diversity efforts and on-going engagement in pro bono legal services, which have garnered the McDonald's Legal Department awards in recognition for the legal and educational services it has provided to underserved communities.
Carl Anduri, President of Lex Mundi, comments, "Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms. With the addition of Ms. Santona, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our association in finding the best ways for inside counsel and outside counsel to work together."
Formed in 2003, the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council provides advice and guidance in a variety of areas to enhance member firms' ability to serve their clients better and to meet the needs of in-house counsel.
The current members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council are:
- Eduardo Arbizu -- Director of Legal Affairs of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
- Mark Chandler -- Senior Vice President, Legal Services, General Counsel & Secretary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Alexandre S. D'Ambrosio -- General Counsel and Executive Director of Votorantim Industrial
- Hans Peter Frick -- Group General Counsel of Nestle SA
- Jeffrey J. Hurd -- Senior Managing Director, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of AIG Investments
- James Jenkins -- Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Deere & Co.
- Madeleine Kleiner -- Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Kazumichi Matsuki -- Senior Vice President, General Manager, Legal Department of Mitsubishi Corporation
- Dr. Martin Wagener -- General Counsel of Audi
Lex Mundi is the world's leading association of independent law firms. The association has more than 160 member firms around the world, representing approximately 21,000 lawyers. The organization provides for the exchange of professional information about the global practice and development of law, facilitates and disseminates communications among its members and improves the members' abilities to serve the needs of their respective clients. Member law firms are located throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Through its nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, Lex Mundi member firms provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe. For more information, please visit http://www.lexmundi.com.
For a printable version of this press release, please visit http://www.lexmundi.com/images/lexmundi/PDF/PressReleases/GloriaSantona.pdf.
Director of Marketing and Communications
# # #