Perceptive Software’s expertise has enabled Lexmark to broaden its portfolio of workflow solutions and increase the value that we bring to our customers in managing their information
Shawnee, Kan. (Vocus) November 30, 2010
Only six months after being acquired by Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK), Perceptive Software, a leading provider of enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, today announced Interact for Lexmark, a jointly developed Embedded Solutions Framework (eSF) application that integrates Perceptive's flagship document management imaging and workflow software – ImageNow – into select Lexmark multifunction products* (MFPs).
"Perceptive Software’s expertise has enabled Lexmark to broaden its portfolio of workflow solutions and increase the value that we bring to our customers in managing their information," said Paul Rooke, Lexmark president and chief executive officer.
Serving as a gateway to manage complex business workflows within ImageNow, Interact for Lexmark enables Lexmark's enterprise customers to:
- Intelligently capture information at the point of creation through Lexmark MFPs and route it quickly and securely across an enterprise, avoiding costly transportation, errors, and time delays associated with centralized scanning services.
- Connect documents captured with Lexmark MFPs to hundreds of ERP and other business applications, forming a comprehensive solution for content management needs.
- Centralize all enterprise content in one place, no matter how or where it's captured, making it instantly accessible, secure and auditable.
- Leverage Lexmark’s unique e-Task color touch screen to provide an optimal user experience in a distributed capture environment.
- Configure and customize the e-Task touch screen settings to enable simple and seamless document capture and management that fit specific business processes.
- Maximize an existing investment in Lexmark hardware and enterprise applications.
“The launch of Interact for Lexmark comes just six months after Perceptive Software and Lexmark combined forces," said Scott Coons, Perceptive Software president and CEO. "It is a tremendous accomplishment to have developed this solution so quickly, and provides a new growth opportunity by expanding our connectivity to now include Lexmark devices.”
Interact for Lexmark is available now worldwide and can be purchased through both Lexmark and Perceptive Software.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of enterprise content management software that helps organizations effortlessly manage the entire lifecycle of their documents and content, simplifying their business processes, and fueling greater operational efficiency. In 2009, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported approximately $4.0 billion in revenue. To learn more about Lexmark, please visit http://www.lexmark.com. For more information on Perceptive Software, please visit http://www.perceptivesoftware.com.
About Perceptive Software
Since 1995 Perceptive Software has built enterprise content management software, including ImageNow®, to help organizations effortlessly manage the entire lifecycle of their documents and information, fueling greater operational efficiency. More than 2,500 organizations in 30 countries rely on Perceptive Software to simplify their business processes through innovative ECM solutions that create immediate and lasting impact.
*Interact for Lexmark is compatible with the following Lexmark MFPs: X46x Series, X65x Series, X73x Series, and X86x Series.