New York, NY (PRWEB) May 07, 2013
Through a unique partnership between The Leading Hotels of the World and The Shackleton & Selous Society, Leaders Club members can now experience some of the world's most remote and exciting places — with the same level of luxury and personalized attention they have come to expect during stays at Leading Hotels. Accompanied by one of the Society’s expert and highly qualified fellows, members will get unprecedented insider access to preserves and protected regions, not accessible to the public at large.
To celebrate the launch of this new partnership, Leading Hotels has announced the exclusive Leaders Club Invitational Southern African Safari, taking place from November 22 to 29, 2013. During the weeklong adventure, participants will be under the expert guidance of Michael Lorentz, world-renowned for his passion for sharing Africa and its wildlife with his guests, as well as his commitment to its conservation. It also includes:
- VIP meet and greet at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Private road transfer to The Saxon Hotel
- One night’s accommodation at The Saxon Hotel including welcome South African sparkling wine on arrival, breakfast the following morning, complimentary mini bar and 24-hour butler service
- Visit to the Okavango Delta, a unique ecosystem with channels, floodplains and palm fringed islands that is home to an incredible array of bird and wildlife: vast herds of elephant, buffalo and antelope wander this watery wonderland under the watchful eye of predators
- Exploration of the region, gliding the lily-strewn waterways in a mekoro (African dugout), viewing lion and elephant from a 4x4 safari vehicle, following animal tracks on foot – or simply savoring the sights and sounds of the delta from the comfort of your tent deck
- Three nights’ accommodation at Chitabe Camp including all meals, local beverages, bush laundry, airstrip transfers, park fees, and private game viewing activities
- Services of Dr. Tico McNutt for one day at Chitabe Camp. Tico is the founder of the Botswana Predator Conservation Trust, one of the longest running research projects in Africa. He and his team have spent the past 23 years researching carnivores in the delta, most notably wild dog
- Three nights’ accommodation at Vumbura Plains including all meals, local beverages, bush laundry, airstrip transfers, park fees and private game viewing activities
- Services of Mike Chase for one day at Vumbura Plains. Mike is the founder of Elephants Without Borders, a charitable organization dedicated to conserving wildlife in Southern Africa, most notably elephants. With Northern Botswana being home to 150,000 of these magnificent creatures, Mike and his team conduct research, monitor movement, and share information with community leaders and decision makers.
- All charter and local flights on safari
- Private road transfer from The Saxon Hotel to O R Tambo International Airport
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable tourism levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or government sales taxes
The cost for the experience is USD 12,800 per person, sharing; USD 2,350 single supplement.
Participants may also opt for the post-safari add on in Cape Town from November 29 to December 2, 2013. Priced at USD 2,080 per person, sharing, it includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation at Cape Grace in a rooftop luxury room
- Morning tea and coffee with wake up calls
- Daily breakfast
- Use of the hot spa area
- Wireless Internet access
- Luxury chauffeur transfers with in a ten-kilometer radius
- Cape orientation talk
The cost for the Leaders Club Invitational Southern African Safari does not include international flights; meals, drinks or activities other than those specified above; gratuities; cancellation, baggage and medical insurance; visa fees where relevant for entry into South Africa and Botswana; any new government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases or surcharges which are beyond our control.
For more information please contact The Leading Hotels of the World at Info@LHW.com
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW)
When extraordinary and one-of-a-kind intersect, you have likely found a Leading Hotel. As the largest luxury hotel collection, with more than 430 of the world’s greatest properties in over 80 countries, we seek out the exceptional. From grand palaces to intimate city hideaways, from ancient castles to sumptuous safari tent villages, from tropical aeries to mystical paradises, all are utterly unique and boldly independent. Each celebrates the culture of its destination, rather than trying to mask it with corporate-mandated sameness. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, it started with 38 initial members. With our eight-decade-long commitment to providing unforgettable, authentic travel experiences, LHW selects only hotels that meet our high standards for quality and distinctiveness. To us, hospitality is not an industry; it’s an art…and our passion.