Netkiller Debuts License Management Software at Computer Electronics Show

Share Article

Anyone who recognizes the importance of information technology also knows the value of IT asset management tools. Netkiller America has led the way in this field since its inception in 1997. Now, the company debuts its latest software version at the Consumer Electronics Show January 8 in Las Vegas.

Netkiller.com offers the latest Netkiller IT license mangement software online.

Insufficient management of these intangible IT assets poses a potential financial risk to all companies.

It is estimated that 30 percent of a company's assets are tied up in computers, software and other information technology, which makes protecting these assets paramount. Netkiller America promises to take asset risk management into a new era with the debut of its latest license management software at the January 8 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Netkiller IT Asset Management (ITAM) instantly detects computer software and hardware, verifies both licensed and unlicensed programs, and continues to manage installed software licenses. The software is capable of preventing unauthorized installations, and of scanning copyrighted materials in real time.

A recent survey revealed that approximately 65 percent of the average IT manager's working hours is spent in tedious asset inventory management, leaving just 35 percent of their time for valuable business operations and job performance improvements.

"As businesses grow, the burden of software license management is becoming increasingly more difficult," explains Netkiller CEO SungWook Jung. "Insufficient management of these intangible IT assets poses a potential financial risk to all companies."

Netkiller ITAM's software license management features offer a great measure of protection from these risks for companies of all types and sizes. It automates assets controls and assists with lifecycle management, allowing IT managers to focus on more important IT missions such as improving performance and business operations. Netkiller IT Asset Management, along with other software, is sold online at Netkiller America's Web site, Netkiller.com.

"The Netkiller ITAM program insulates a company from the risks of penalty for copyright infringement, and at the same time maintains software security, accuracy and compliance," said Jung. "The license tracking software allows you to monitor the status of installed applications on each computer in the network in real time, thus avoiding ethical issues and noncompliance with software licensing law."

Netkiller Professional ITAM allows IT departments to track applications on every computer, including the version or release number, the number of copies in use and whether or not an employees' software is fully licensed.

Other functions include:

hardware and software detection
allocation, return or transfer of IT assets, and calculation of depreciation
management of IT asset life cycles
calculation of CO2 emissions and power consumptions
automatic updating and allocation of computer by IT managers.

Netkiller offers freeware that can search and manage hardware and Microsoft software licenses, in addition to the advanced full version. The company is currently offering customers a free Software Compliance Guidebook, valued at $1,000, with the purchase of any of the company's software products.

To find out more about Netkiller IT Asset Management's software license management solutions, consumers can talk to company representatives at the Consumer Electronics Show (booth number HILTON 46032), or go the company's Web site, Netkiller.com.

About Netkiller America:

Netkiller America, based in Seoul and Los Angeles, develops Web-based IT Asset Management software for companies to protect them from the risks associated with pirated software, while maintaining accuracy, security and software compliance.

Netkiller America's online store, Netkiller Software Shop (NetkillerSoft.com), provides thousands of cost effective and legally licensed quality computer software programs that help business customers learn and implement license programs such as Adobe Open Option ("AOO"), Microsoft Open License to save budget and meet software compliance. The company provides small-, mid- and large-sized enterprises with industry specific solutions, such as license management software, essential to their business' performance.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Harry Jung
Visit website