Digital Health Summer Summit presents an opportunity to dive much deeper into the most pressing–and sometimes controversial–questions that face the industry today.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) May 20, 2013
This summer, digital health leaders from across the country and around the world will make the pilgrimage to San Diego, CA, the emerging digital health mecca, for the 2nd annual Digital Health Summer Summit produced by Living in Digital Times. The two-day conference provides a unique forum to showcase the latest digital health innovations, exchange new information, share hard-learned lessons and best practices, and network with some of industry’s most brilliant thinkers and doers, while elevating this rapidly growing industry. Digital Health Summer Summit takes place at the Omni Hotel June 13 – 14, 2013.
“Earlier this year, we started the digital health conversation at our wildly successful sold-out Digital Health Summit at 2013 International CES,” said Jill Gilbert of Living in Digital Times. “Digital Health Summer Summit presents an opportunity to dive much deeper into the most pressing–and sometimes controversial–questions that face the industry today.”
The summit kicks off with an opening keynote address on June 13th titled “From a Sugar Rush to Digital Health High” by Anand K. Iyer, Ph.D, MBA, president and COO of WellDoc. Dr. Iyer will discuss key challenges confronting digital health leaders today, including how to evolve a successful business model, establish win-win collaborations and partnerships in this industry, be proactive with regulatory and privacy officials, and what patient empowerment really means.
A special luncheon session on June 14th titled “Sculley’s Angels” will be moderated by entrepreneur and investor John Sculley, former president of PepsiCo and former CEO of Apple. Sculley will be joined by prominent industry CEOs to address all things leaders of digital health companies need to know to navigate this uncharted landscape.
Other hot button discussion items on the agenda include:
- “360 Degree View of Funding”: How early stage digital health start-ups can raise funding, and what types of funding should digital health companies utilize at different stages of growth.
- “Opportunity Spotlight: The DNA Economy”: How cutting-edge genetic sequencing is radically transforming medicine as we know it, and how the integration of genetic testing into digital health products and services is driving business opportunities.
- “Deploying Digital Health on a Massive Scale”: Inside the business opportunity and public health benefit, and an insider’s look at how to create massively successful public-private partnerships.
- “Opportunity Spotlight: Sensors Uncensored”: A look at how tracking and monitoring through interconnected devices opens up unlimited possibilities.
- “A Day in the Life of a Doctor, Patient and Caregiver”: A look at how these stakeholders are integrating health technology into their lives and refining healthcare, as well as how communication and data sharing needs to improve.
A series of “Master Classes” will add to attendees’ digital health tool box as they learn everything from how to create a well-orchestrated mobile strategy and develop a seamless user mobile experience; to how to find the right distribution channels and reach an entirely new customer base; to what it takes to get publicity for your digital health company across different media channels.
Among this year’s luminary speakers:
- Dave Daly, head of Oncology, Medical Sciences, Life Technologies
- Samir Damani, M.D., Pharm.D., F.A.C.C., founder and CEO, MD Revolution
- Bettina Experton, M.D., M.P.H., president & CEO, Humetrix
- Rob Fassett, Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Oracle, Oracle Healthcare
- Tal Givoly, CEO, Medivizor
- Tom Paul, Chief Consumer Officer, UnitedHealth Group
- Paul Prescod, co-founder & CTO, Ayogo
- Dave Roberts, San Diego County Board of Supervisors; Former VP of HIMMS for Government Relations
- Sonny Vu, CEO and founder, Misfit Wearables
- Jack Young, director Qualcomm Life Fund North America, Qualcomm Ventures
Digital Health Summer Summit is open to all professionals interested in the convergence of health, tech and business. Conference registration is now open. To register, please visit: http://summersummit.digitalhealthsummit.com/2013-summer-summit-registration/
For more information about Digital Health Summer Summit, please visit http://summersummit.digitalhealthsummit.com/
About Living in Digital Times
Living in Digital Times produces conferences and exhibits throughout the year that bring together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations that intersect technology and lifestyle. Among their many goals is to help companies understand what it means to be a consumer in today’s digital world and stay a step ahead in identifying key trends in their given marketplace. Living in Digital Times produces the following summits, exhibitions and events annually at International CES: CloudBase3, Digital Health Summit, Silvers Summit, Fitness Tech Summit, HigherEd Tech Summit, Kids@Play Summit, MommyTech Summit, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing, FashionWare Show and the KAPi Awards. For more information, visit http://www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com.
# # #
- Digital Health Summer Summit is open to members of the media interested in attending and covering the event free of charge.