Taste of the Big Easy
New York, New York (Vocus) July 31, 2009
Understanding that people want to getaway for a night or two and experience the destination they are visiting without "breaking the bank", Loews Hotels has created a selection of savvy city escapes at value prices. With Loews Hotels' "Cultural Getaways," travelers will experience luxury accommodations at participating Loews Hotels along with passes to a local museum or attraction, dining credits, parking and more through the end of the year.
Annapolis, MD: The scenic United States Naval Academy campus, known as the Yard, is located in Annapolis where the Severn River meets the Chesapeake Bay. Guests who reserve the "Get to Know the Yard" package at Loews Annapolis Hotel will take a walking tour of the Academy so they can experience life on the Yard and visit Lejeune Hall, Bancroft Hall, Tecumseh Court, Herndon Monument, the Chapel and crypt of John Paul Jones.
The "Get to Know the Yard" package includes:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations
- Breakfast for two in Breeze restaurant
- Two tickets for a tour of the United States Naval Academy
- Valet Parking
Valid through December 30, 2009. Price starts at $189 per night.
Montréal, Canada: With the "Culture and Nature à la Montréal Style" package at Loews Hôtel Vogue guests will experience the beauty of Montreal both indoors and outside. At the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts visitors will view world famous artwork and then have the opportunity to view the city's natural beauty by walking Mont-Royal with a picnic lunch.
The "Culture and Nature à la Montréal Style" package includes:
- Luxury overnight accommodations
- Two museum passes to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Picnic lunch for two packaged in a keepsake backpack. Lunch includes sandwiches, baguette with selection of local cheeses, mixed salad, pita chips, fresh fruit, cookies and bottled water.
Valid through September 27, 2009. Price starts at $265 USD per night.
Nashville, TN: Any music lover will want to make sure their "tour stop" in Nashville includes a stay at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel with the "Music City Package" featuring a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum. From the hotel's lobby jukebox stocked with tunes of VIP guests to the museum's historic journey of country music, fans will enjoy all aspects of this "Music City Package".
The package includes:
- Ovenight accommodations
- Two tickets to the Country Music Hall of Fame to view Elvis Presley's 1960 "Solid Gold" Cadillac limousine, Faith Hill's Gianni Versace dress and a display of every gold and platinum record awarded country artists during the twentieth century--854 in all, among countless other artifacts.
- Complimentary valet parking
Valid through December 30, 2009. Price starts at $199 per night.
New Orleans, LA: With "Taste of the Big Easy" package visitors of Loews New Orleans Hotel will experience the best cocktails and food that the Big Easy has to offer. Even a bit of food and cocktail history is thrown in when touring the Southern Museum of Food and Beverage. This is the ultimate N'Awlins experience.
The "Taste of the Big Easy" package includes:
- Two nights in a Grand King Guest Room
- Welcome cocktail for two in Swizzle Stick Bar by resident mixologist Lu Brow
- Copy of "In the Land of Cocktails" book by "the cocktail chicks" - Ti Martin and Lally Brennan
- $150 credit towards dinner for two in Café Adelaide, operated by the Commanders Palace Family of Restaurants
- World-famous beignets and cafe au lait at Café du Monde, for two
- Lunch for two at Mother's Restaurant
- Admission for two to Preservation Hall Jazz Club
- Admission for two to the Southern Museum of Food and Beverage including Museum of the American Cocktail
Valid through December 29, 2009. Price is $579.
New York, NY: Visitors to New York City staying at the Loews Regency Hotel will enjoy exploring two power spots with "The Guggenheim Museum Package." The landmark Frank Lloyd Wright designed Guggenheim Museum is a powerful piece of architecture and The Regency is home of the power breakfast.
"The Guggenheim Museum Package" includes:
- Overnight accommodations
- Two tickets to the Guggenheim Museum
- Welcome cocktails for two in The Library
- American breakfast for two through room service or at 540 Park restaurant
- Overnight valet parking
Valid through December 31, 2009. Price starts at $439 per night.
Philadelphia, PA: Loews Philadelphia Hotel and The Franklin Institure offer "Trekkies" the opportunity to sleep in comfort and to visit outerspace all at one time with the "Star Trek VIP Package." Star Trek: The Exhibition transports visitors into parallel universes of the future and past. Featuring 200 authentic objects from the groundbreaking television and motion picture series, including authentic Star Trek ships, sets, costumes and props from all 5 series and 10 films over the last 40 years.
The "Star Trek VIP Package" includes:
- Overnight Deluxe Accommodations for two
- Two VIP tickets to the Star Trek Exhibit at the Franklin Institute, that allow front of the line access to the exhibit
- VIP tickets also include a Sci-Pass - good for admission to Franklin Institute exhibits, live science demonstrations and one show at the Fels Planetarium.
Valid through September 20, 2009. Price starts at $169 per night.
Quebec City, Canada: Located in Battlefields Park, better known as the Plains of Abraham, Quebec City's Fine Arts Museum is a 15 minute walk from Loews Le Concorde. And with the hotel's "Museum Getaway" package guests will explore the three buildings that make up the museum, each representing a different style and time period.
The must-see "Museum Getaway" package includes:
- Overnight accommodations with a view of the Plains of Abraham and the St. Lawrence River
- Two tickets to the Québec Museum of Fine Arts
- One $15 savings certificate for the museum's boutique
- $35 food and beverage credit for the signature revolving rooftop restaurant, L'Astral
Valid through December 30, 2009. Price starts at $225 USD per night.
Washington, DC: Whether it is a family adventure to the nation's capital or a quick weekend getaway to enjoy the free sites, guests staying at Loews Madison Hotel will enjoy all the DC has to offer with the "Drive and Stay Package."
The "Drive and Stay" package includes:
- Luxurious accommodations
- Overnight valet parking
- Concierge guide to Washington's free museums and monuments including the National Museum of American History, Lincoln Memorial, National Zoo, Washington Monument, National Air and Space Museum and World War II Memorial to name a few.
Valid through December 30, 2009. Price starts at $149 per night.
All of Loews Hotels' "Cultural Packages" rates listed are exclusive of tax and gratuity, based on double occupancy and are subject to change and availability. For more information or to reserve, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or visit http://www.loewshotels.com. Follow Loews Hotels on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Loews_Hotels.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels owns and/or operates 17 hotels and resorts in the U.S. and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards to delight guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local and vibrant travel experience. Loews boasts some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road. For reservations or more information on Loews Hotels, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or check http://www.loewshotels.com.
# # #