"A one-stop shop for expanding your horizons, upgrading your aspirations and stretching your senses."
Simon Calder - The Independent
(PRWEB UK) 31 May 2012
There are lots of reasons people end up on underwhelming holidays. However, the good news is that, according to experts in the AdventureTemples luxury adventure travel community, almost all the common mistakes are preventable – with the right preparation or advice. Even better, the community have produced a new free guide to tell others how to get it right for themselves, and offer free guidance and support too, online.
So, what are the problems that holidaymakers feel spoil their holidays? Community founder, Rob Pendleton, explains.
“The 10 most common travel pitfalls, according to our members, are:
1. I wanted excitement and adventure, but I got bed bugs and backpacker groups
2. I wanted to experience a country’s culture, but I ended up endlessly repacking and getting on a bus
3. I really wanted to try X, but with limited time off I couldn’t risk getting stuck for a week if I didn’t like it
4. I wanted ‘this’ holiday, but my travel partner wanted ‘that’
5. I found a nice-looking hotel and crossed my fingers I would find something good to do locally
6. There was so much information on the internet that I didn’t know who or what to trust, so I guessed
7. I wanted to try something different this year, but I didn’t have time to research it, so I went back to somewhere I knew
8. The review sites said our hotel was 4/5, but they must have been written by someone with very different expectations
9. My hotel seemed like a bargain, but it just meant all the good activities were ridiculously expensive
10. I took a guidebook, but the information was very generic and out of date.”
After interviewing hundreds of holidaymakers, and tourism professionals, Rob put together the AdventureTemples mini-guide, ‘How to find the perfect holiday’. This shares examples of why people fell into the 10 traps above, what they could have done differently, and details an effective, easy to follow process for booking the perfect holiday.
If one or more of these problems has struck a chord; to get the mini-guide, simply register (free) on the community website. The site has over 300 useful discussion forums about activities, destinations and tourism hot-topics, and every fortnight there are new travel stories the AdventureTemples ‘Luxplorers’ Blog. Or, for the very latest in Luxury Adventure Travel, follow @adventuretemple on Twitter and join their regular tweet-casts to speak with community founders and selected experts.