Franklin, TN (Vocus) August 19, 2010
Magazines.com, the oldest, the largest and the most dependable magazine subscription service on the Internet, has launched the MagaScene blog network. The purpose of the MagaScene blog network is to be the go-to place for magazine readers to find out what’s happening on the “magazine scene,” hence the name MagaScene.
The MagaScene blog network is designed to provide magazine enthusiasts with insightful commentary on their favorite magazines, information on new magazines and magazine industry news and trends.
In addition to covering magazine industry news and Magazines.com company news at MagaScene.com, the MagaScene blog network covers five categories of magazines: food and cooking magazines at Food MagaScene; home and lifestyle magazines at Home MagaScene; fashion, entertainment and celebrity magazines at Celebrity MagaScene; parenting and kids magazines at Parenting MagaScene; and health and fitness magazines at Fit MagaScene.
For the network’s six blogs, a team of local and regional writers provide quality, original content independent of magazine publishers and advertisers that includes in-depth article reviews, new magazine previews, cover design comparisons and op-ed articles on how magazines influence culture, magazine reading habits and more. Each blog is updated daily Monday-Friday.
Highlights of each MagaScene blog include:
- Food MagaScene, “On the Plate” -- our writer tests recipes from the pages of popular food magazines like Food Network magazine, Food & Wine and Southern Living, and writes a review that includes a photo of each creation.
- Parenting MagaScene, “Problem Solvers” -- our writers review articles from parenting magazines like Working Mother and Parents that feature solutions to common parenting issues. Our writers also cover kids’ magazines like Highlights High Five, Girls’ Life and National Geographic Kids.
- Fit MagaScene, “Let’s Get Physical” -- our writers test the latest workouts in popular fitness magazines and report their results. Magazines like Men’s Health, Prevention and Oxygen are featured here.
- Celebrity MagaScene, “Read This!” -- our writers keep tabs on the hottest news and trends in celebrities, fashion and entertainment magazines. Magazines like Us Weekly, Glamour, InStyle and Entertainment Weekly are featured here.
- Home MagaScene, “Which Magazine?” -- our writers compare and contrast home, gardening, crafts and personal finance magazines and make recommendations to readers. Magazines like Real Simple, Good Housekeeping and Ladies’ Home Journal are featured here.
Magazines.com is the oldest, the largest and the most dependable magazine subscription service on the Internet. We are a privately-held company based in Franklin, Tenn., a suburb of Nashville. Our major investors include Time Inc., publisher of great magazines like People and Sports Illustrated.
With more than 2,000 titles available, Magazines.com offers people a fun, easy way to discover new magazines and helps them track subscriptions. Magazines.com is the leading independent agent selling subscriptions, serving customers online at Magazines.com and by telephone at 800-MAGAZINES (800-624-2946.)