Vancouver, B.C. (Vocus) April 5, 2010
The early bird registration deadline for Consulting Conference 2010, the management consulting conference sponsored by the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of B.C. (CMC-BC) May 28 – 29 in Vancouver, B.C., has been extended to April 9.
Extending the early bird registration deadline is one way of living up to the conference theme: Charting a Course for Value, said Mary Colak, CMC-BC president. “The entire conference is designed to help business consultants enhance their consulting value – to clients, to themselves, to the profession, and to society.”
For example, conference events include:
- Keynote session with Dr. Alan Weiss, author of more than 30 books about consulting and an internationally sought-after speaker.
- Two conference workshops and a post-conference workshop with Kevin Schwenker, principal of Schwenker & Associates in Halifax, Nova Scotia and a national trainer for CMC-Canada. Schwenker will be leading conference sessions on change management and project management. His post-conference workshop, The Consulting Assignment Solution Framework, will cover the diagnosis and action planning stages of the consulting process.
- Two workshops with Bev McPhee, a senior managing consultant with IBM Global Business Services and three-time recipient of IBM’s prestigious service excellence award. Bev’s workshop Revolution 3.0 will explore the shifts in behaviour that are re-shaping the way society shares information and knowledge in the digital age. Her workshop Every Reason Not to Run will help consultants understand why clients opt out of the work that would make them a success – and how to help them overcome these self-limiting behaviours.
Colak said the conference also features a series of workshops and a panel discussion on technology issues.
“Realizing value from investments in information technology; creating a web strategy both for ourselves as consultants and also for our clients; keeping our websites relevant, informative, and effective; and making the most of social media campaign – these are all topics we’ll be exploring.”
Early management conference registration discounts are available through April 9 for both CMC and non-CMC members at $475 and $575 respectively. That is a discount of $75 off the regular rate. A post-secondary student rate of $375 is also available.
Conference participants who register by April 9 are eligible for early-bird draw prizes, which include:
- One-night’s accommodation at the conference venue, The River Rock Casino in Richmond ($159 value)
- $100 discount on the conference registration fee.
- A copy of Million Dollar Consulting, the fully revised fourth edition of the classic bestseller by Alan Weiss ($30 value)
- A copy of L is for Leadership by CMC-BC member Heather Hughes ($20 value)
For more information about the conference, and to register, see the Consulting Conference 2010 website or call 1-800-268-1148.
For conference updates, check Facebook (Consulting Conference 2010) or Twitter (consultguru).
CMC-Canada fosters excellence and integrity in the management consulting profession as a whole. CMC-Canada administers, and its provincial institutes confer, the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and Fellow Certified Management Consultant (FCMC) designations in Canada. The association and its members advocate for the CMC designation and are dedicated to advancing the profession and delivering the benefits of those efforts to the client community.
For media queries, contact:
Stephanie Slater, Communications and Marketing Chair, CMC-BC