Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
WHAT: Recently, the E.U. announced a tariff hike from 12 percent to 38 percent for some denim products made in the US. As a result, Los Angeles denim manufacturers are faced with a dilemma of going for offshore manufacturing to avoid the tariff or passing the cost onto customers while expecting a shrinking market share.
EXPERT PANEL: On Thursday, June 27, government officials, buyer and supplier representatives, and prominent industry leaders will come together to hold a panel discussion on “The Future of US Manufacturing and Opportunities in Los Angeles.” This panel is co-organized by Tradegood and The Mayor's Office of Economic and Business Policy (OEBP).
EXPERT COMMENT/INTERVIEWS: If you are currently looking for an expert to comment on this subject and as it specifically relates to maintaining a sustainable development of the US manufacturing industry, several experts are available for comment:
- Kevin Burke, CEO, American Apparel and Footwear Association (Moderator)
- Marty Bailey, CMO, American Apparel
- Deborah Greaves - Secretary & General Counsel, True Religion Apparel, Inc.
- Ilse Metchek, President, California Fashion Association
- Andre Raghu, Chief Strategy Officer, Tradegood
- Tracy Gray, Senior Advisor for Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Board Member LARExC
- Carlos Valderama, SVP of Global Initiatives for the LA Chamber and VP of LARExC board of directors
- Libby Williams - Managing Director, Mayor's Office of Economic & Business Policy
INTERVIEW TOPICS/PANEL DISCUSSIONS: All experts are available for interviews on the key topics discussed during the panel. Several interview topics/panel discussions to include:
- Impact and options for the local industry with respect to the increased tariffs on denim
- How the LA City initiative “Designed/Made In Los Angeles” can help promote “Made in LA” products and benefit both local suppliers and buyers
- How Tradegood can help increase export of “Made in US” products and encourage local buying
Interview/ Expert Comment Contact:
To schedule an interview or to speak with one of these experts prior to the panel or during the panel discussion, please contact Cassie Biscanin.
Cassie Biscanin, Intertek Group (Americas)