The skills gap between traditionally-educated college graduates is a growing concern among today’s employers...I’m confident that [Marcademy] will address these challenges head-on and give tomorrow’s marketing leaders the tools for success
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
San Francisco-based Marcademy, (http://Marcademy.com/), the country’s fastest growing Internet marketing career training school for up-and-coming marketers, today announced its new board of directors for 2013-14.
The new board will be comprised of a chairman and three directors. Supporting the board is a separate advisory board to focus on academics and curriculum.
Tim O’Connor, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Marcademy will serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors. With more than 25 years of marketing experience, O’Connor is the former vice president of marketing and enrollment for UniversityNow and vice president and chief marketing officer for Ashworth College. His professional background also includes managing principal for Zyman Group, senior vice president of marketing for Unisource, and a vice president global marketing for Siemens AG. He’s a graduate of LaSalle University and Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
“The skills gap between traditionally-educated college graduates is a growing concern among today’s employers who expect a level of professional experience before extending a job offer,” O’Connor said. “This presents the marketing industry with both great opportunities and great challenges. We’ve set out to challenge the norm in how modern marketers, online marketers and growth hackers learn their craft. I’m confident that our board, along with Marcademy’s founders, will address these challenges head-on and give tomorrow’s marketing leaders the tools for success and while help elevating our industry to a higher level.”
Joining O’Connor on the board is Bob Van Rossum, President of MarketPro. Van Rossum also serves as president of the Internet marketing school. He brings more than 14 years recruiting experience of marketing, creative, advertising, interactive, communications and e-commerce talent. A graduate of the University of North Carolina, Greensboro, he currently serves on the Atlanta Executive Advisory Board for the American Marketing Association (AMA).
The remaining board seats will be filled at a later date. Supporting the board as advisors are:
- Vivek Bhaskaran: Founding member and executive chairman of Survey Analytics, one of the industry's leading providers of web-based research technologies, Bhaskaran is also founder of 14 online businesses, including Survey Analytics, QuestionPro and IdeaScale, which serve millions of users each month, from many of the world’s most recognized brands.
- Dr. Scott Elliott: Dr. Elliott is founder and principal at TechZecs a leading high tech consulting firm. Personally he has founded and/or led over ten tech businesses including: Physical Electronics Laboratories, Addington Labs, AssistClick, Chelix, PetaComm, InventQjaya and Jamo.
- Steve Hanon: Hanon is chief financial officer at Avenues: The World School. Prior to joining Avenues, he served as chief financial officer at Ralph Lauren, Scripps Networks’ Shop at Home and several online education companies within the Sterling Partners’ educational investment portfolio.
- Matt Renner: Renner is executive director of the World Business Academy, a non-profit business think tank and network of business and thought leaders. The Academy’s 70+ Fellows comprise a Who’s Who of world-class thinkers including; Warren Bennis, Deepak Chopra, Hazel Henderson, and Michael Ray.
- Ahmed Siddiqui: Siddiqui is a technology entrepreneur with a focus in educational gaming. In addition to leading his own startups (QwikMind and GoGoMongo) he founded and organizes SignalFire’s University Hacker Olympics, the largest hackathon in the world for college students.
- Michael Staton: Staton is currently a partner at Learn Capital. He is also the founder and former CEO of Inigral, the pioneer of Social Enrollment Management technology in Higher Education. As a Venture Partner to NewSchools Venture Fund, Staton was declared a top 100 innovator by the Chronicle of Higher Education, and he is on the advisory board of SxSW EDU, the ASU Education Innovation Summit, and the Higher Education Working Group of the American Enterprise
- Ivana Taylor: Taylor is president of Third Force, a strategic marketing firm that helps small to medium sized companies get and keep loyal, profitable customers regardless of price. Considered one of the top internet professionals in the world (she was ranked #21 on the 2010 Fast Company Influencers Project for 2010), she is the publisher of DIYMarketers.com an online publication that provides small business CEOs with low cost marketing strategies, ideas and resources.
Marcademy is establishing the “new norm” in how modern marketers enter the work force – with practical job-relevant education. As one of the fastest growing Internet marketing schools for modern marketers, online marketers and growth hackers, the San Francisco-based school’s mission is to narrow the skills gap between traditional higher education learning and the practical skills and hands-on experience today’s employers are looking for. The intensive, 8-week hands-on immersion program is mentored by seasoned marketing professionals and dedicates the majority of learning to developing a portfolio of real projects for real companies. For more information visit http://Marcademy.com/.