“So many businesses get stuck on brand being just their logo,” says Maria “But it’s so much more. It’s their core personality, reputation, story and reason for being. It needs to not only be communicated visually, but verbally and experientially as well."
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) June 1, 2010
Small businesses create most of the nation’s new jobs, employ about half of the nation’s private sector workforce, and provide half of the nation’s (nonfarm) GDP. In today’s economy, they are the engine of job creation.
Unfortunately, despite the above statistics, small businesses are more cash strapped than ever, according to a recent report in “The Wall Street Journal”. While the federal bank bailout may have helped very large companies, loans to small businesses dropped at double the overall rate between 2008 and 209.
Clearly, small businesses need all of the outside resources they can get! This June, a new marketing resource is available for small businesses - the book “Branding Basics for Small Business”, by marketing expert Maria Ross.
Maria Ross is the Founder and Chief Strategist of Red Slice, a Seattle branding and marketing consultancy. She has worked with such brands as Microsoft, Monster.com, and Discovery Networks, as well as smaller businesses, start-ups and solopreneurs.
Ms. Ross’s book boasts cover endorsements from various marketing industry luminaries and gurus – and literally walks the reader through the process of creating a great brand - on any budget. “Branding Basics for Small Business” is a must read for new and established small businesses as it guides them through understanding brand, crafting a strong brand strategy, and applying that strategy to:
- Clearly and consistently attract the right audience at the right time with the right message
- Make smarter and more effective marketing – and business – decisions quickly and easily
- Share your vision more effectively with partners and employees - and guide you to which partners and employees are the right ones
- Craft company messaging and positioning that connects with your desired customers
- Save time and money with designers, writers and contractors
- Inspire customer loyalty
- Break away from the pack and grow your business
“So many businesses get stuck on brand being just their logo,” says Maria “But it’s so much more. It’s their core personality, reputation, story and reason for being. It needs to not only be communicated visually, but verbally and experientially as well. Small businesses have such a great opportunity, since they are nimble and closer to their customers, to build this strong brand strategy right from the start and have it inform everything they do. Conveying a clear and consistent brand message across all of your customer touchpoint, not just your logo, is how you create rabid fans and develop a brand promise that is irresistible to customers.”
Ross’ practical, entertaining, and easy-to-read guide cites case studies from large and small businesses, and provides real-life examples, branding and marketing tips to show how organizations of any size and with any budget can create a winning brand to stand out, delight and connect with their audiences.
For example, we learn:
- How to demystify marketing terms so you can make sense of the marketing maze and choose the right consultants and agencies.
- What brand really is and why it matters to your bottom line.
- A foolproof process for crafting a strong brand strategy on your own.
- How to use this strategy as a compass for finding the most effective marketing investments
- How to apply the brand strategy tactically to every customer touchpoint so you can clearly and consistently influence your brand perception and generate buzz.
Media kit is available online at: http://red-slice.com/branding-basics-book/
About the Author:
Maria Ross' mission with Red Slice - her branding and marketing consultancy -is to help clients engage, inform and delight their audience. Maria has crafted winning strategies for big brands such as Discovery Networks, Monster.com, Business Objects and Microsoft. She has been on both the client and agency sides for both B2C and B2B companies and has advised tech start-ups, small businesses and solopreneurs worldwide. A born storyteller, she has over 16 years of experience advising organizations on how to tell the right story to the right people at the right time.
Branding Basics for Small Business
by Maria Ross
Publication date: June 2, 2010
ISBN: 978-1-935254-24-9; 152 pages