Kent Burden's Holistic Wellness Getaway
Los Cabos, Mexico (PRWEB) February 12, 2009
Marquis Los Cabos Resort launches the first of its transformational travel events in its Guru Getaway Series with renowned mind/body wellness instructor Kent Burden in Los Cabos, Mexico from May 17-21, 2009.
The Holistic Wellness Getaway incorporates yoga, Qi Gong and Pilates instruction; a visit to an organic farm with cooking lesson; an art walk and progressive dinner in San Jose del Cabo; a waterfall hike and tai chi instruction; Real Food, Aztec Calendar and Modern Day Hunter/Gatherer lectures, and a horseback meditation ride into three days of mind/body activities that promise to encourage "personal growth" and "self actualization."
The 5 day/4 night Holistic Wellness Getaway is $2,550 per person, based on single occupancy, and includes all Kent Burden lectures and mind/body activities, suite accommodations at Marquis Los Cabos, a signature welcome drink made of natural local fruits, breakfast daily, Marquis Los Cabos gifts upon arrival and departure, box lunches for all activities, VIP roundtrip airport/hotel transportation, and all service charges and taxes.
Visit http://www.marquisloscabos.com or call 877-238-9399 for reservations.
"Kent Burden's Holistic Wellness Getaway" Highlights:
- Organic Gardening Tour and Cooking Lesson at Tamarindo Farm: Natives from the Baja teach the art of growing organic products and then help prepare an authentic Mexican lunch with the organic products collected from the farm.
- Progressive Dinner in San Jose del Cabo: The night begins with a delightful art walk around San Jose del Cabo, visiting such galleries as the Arte Julian Garcia, Barrio Latino and Pez Gordo. After the art walk, diners head to Tequila Restaurant where appetizers will be presented on the candlelit patio surrounded by mature fruit trees and the owner's fragrant herb garden. When it comes to the main course, diners will travel to Morgan's Restaurant and Cellar for fresh fish, meat and poultry dishes accompanied by signature bread and organic farm grown vegetables. Finally, La Panga Antigua provides delectable bite size desserts in its outdoor courtyard and terrace to cap off the meal.
- Waterfall Hike and Tai Chi in Fox Canyon: A 2.5 mile hike thru the Baja dessert takes participants to a waterfall oasis and natural spring in Santiago that provides swimming refreshment before and after an instruction on the ancient art of Tai chi.
- Horseback Meditation Ride along the Sea of Cortez: Guests can take a guided mind/body horseback ride through the arroyos of San Carlos or Venado Blanco and view the awe-inspiring rock formations along the beach of the Sea of Cortez.
- Aztec Calendar Lecture and Star Gazing on Marquis Beach: Guests will learn the constellations' tales and stories from the Greeks and Indian tribes with a certified naturalist tour guide on one of the largest telescopes in Los Cabos.
About Kent Burden
With more than 25 years of fitness experience, Kent Burden has worked one-on-one with Oscar, Emmy and Grammy winners and NFL and NBA champions alike. In addition, his mind/body program created at California's Ojai Valley Inn & Spa was voted by Spa Finder Magazine's Reader's Choice Awards as one of North America's top mind/body fitness programs. Burden is certified as a personal trainer by AFAA and IFPA, and as a Pilates instructor, Yoga instructor, Spinning instructor, water fitness instructor, Systematic Touch Trainer and Massage Therapist.
About Marquis Los Cabos
The 237-suite beachfront Marquis Los Cabos Resort is located on the southernmost tip of the Baja California península, where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean, and is minutes from the authentic Old World village of San Jose del Cabo as well as the lively town of Cabo San Lucas. The resort features a 15,000 square foot holistic spa and fitness center, an exclusive gourmet restaurant where a Michelin-pedigreed chef prepares a nightly prix fixe menu, and an extensive collection of Latin American sculpture and painting on display in public areas and guest suites. Since its 2003 opening, Marquis Los Cabos has earned the travel industry's most coveted awards including "World's Best" (Travel + Leisure); "Gold List Award" (Conde Nast Traveler); "Best Value" (Travel + Leisure); the AAA Four Diamond Award, and the Five Star Diamond Award for its Canto del Mar restaurant. Marquis Los Cabos is a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World and the only member of Leading Spas of the World in Los Cabos.
Aimet Arill or Megan Sterritt
KWE Group, Inc.
arill (at) kwegroup.com
sterritt (at) kwegroup.com