Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) August 30, 2012
Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced the availability of the Matrox® Avio™ F120 fiber-optic KVM extender for the latency-free operation of a remote desktop at resolutions up to 4K. Designed for graphics and video-intensive applications such as broadcast and post-production, the Avio F120 transmitter/receiver set extends two single-link DVI (2x1920x1200) or one dual-link DVI (2560x1600 or 4096x2160) video and USB HID peripherals from the host system by up to 2000 m (6562 ft). The Avio F120’s uncompressed transmission delivers exceptional graphics and video playback performance, with the computer centrally stored in a machine room via a single duplex LC-LC fiber-optic cable—critical requirements in industrial process control, oil and gas, 3D design and visualization, and military environments.
The Avio F120’s support for 4K resolution content additionally provides a future-proof platform for professionals working with the industry’s next-generation video resolution standard. Users benefit from the extension of a dual-link DVI, 4K display running at 30Hz, with the transmitter unit able to clone and share the remote desktop on a local 4K projector.
"The Matrox Avio F120 offers the perfect marriage between performance and ease of deployment, resulting in a highly sought-after solution for all graphics-intensive environments," said Caroline Injoyan, Business Development Manager at Matrox Graphics, Inc. "Remote operators enjoy the same user experience as at the workstation, while a single fiber-optic conveniently satisfies today’s most advanced distance, security, safety, and installation needs.”
Matrox will be showcasing the Matrox Avio F120 KVM extender at IBC 2012 at stand 7.B29, from September 7-11, 2012.
Matrox Avio F120 key features:
- Supports smooth HD, 2K, and 4K video playback without any dropped frames
- Extends two single-link DVI video with maximum resolutions of 1920x1200 @60Hz per monitor or one dual-link DVI video at 2560x1600 @60Hz or 4096x2160 @30Hz
- Drives maximum distances of 300 m (984 ft) in Multi-mode and 2000 m (6,562 ft) in Single-mode via an optional upgrade
- Includes USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors, and multiple USB HID ports
- Enables another user to access the host computer on a secondary desktop connected to the transmitter unit for maintenance purposes or to share the remote desktop on a collaborative video wall
- DDC compliance and advanced EDID management for reliable communication between the remote monitors and host system
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows®, Linux®, Unix, and Mac OS® X operating systems
The Matrox Avio F120 KVM extender is now available. For more information, contact graphics(at)matrox(dot)com.
- Avio F120 Transmitter
Part number: AV-F120TXF
- Avio F120 Receiver
Part number: AV-F120RXF
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
For more information, visit http://www.matrox.com/graphics/aviof120_available or contact graphics(at)matrox(dot)com.
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries.
All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.